The AVP/VP, Data Visualization Designer will present complex financial related data to audiences efficiently through visual design.
Our client is a well-known, top-tier global private bank.
About the role
The AVP/VP, Data Visualization Designer will present complex financial related data to audiences efficiently through visual design. This person will join a cross-functional global team to design compelling digital experiences, giving data a purpose and a story, and build prototypes that demonstrate the finer details in transitions, animations, and complex interactions.
This position can be based in Hong Kong, Singapore or in Europe.
- Tell visual stories in imaginative ways, turn data into information, give it a purpose through compelling visuals and interactive storytelling
- Analyze huge data sets and transform/join them where necessary
- Conceptualize and design digital experiences; create motion design of interactive experiences and storyboard complex interactions
- Rapidly ideate and produce multiple concepts using design tools
- Produce interactive prototypes that bring concepts to life using web technologies like D3
- Validate and substantiate your work by partnering with user researchers, business stakeholders and be an advocate for user-centred design
- Influence product specifications and execute design work with a high level of polish
- Work with business stakeholders to understand needs
- Work with data scientists to locate, extract and transform data sets
- Work with engineers to deploy concepts in production at scale
- Present your work effectively, and articulately communicate design rationale to stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Financial Engineering, Statistics, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Sciences, Communication Design, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience designing and launching a diverse range of digital data products within a Data Visualization role, and a portfolio of impressive work
- Proven track record in creating interactive experiences using data visualization tools (Tableau/PowerBI, R, Observable, D3, React, visualization libraries like ANtV)
- Proven track record in using analytical skills and statistical methods to transform multiple data sets with the ultimate aim of solving a business need
- Good knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Expertise in core design skills including the creation of intuitive interaction models, information architecture, user flows, pattern guide
- Expertise in design and prototyping tools including (e.g. Figma) with interest in exploring new tools and processes
- Strong communication skills, both in team collaboration and written documentation
- Fluent English language skills
- Bonus: Domain knowledge in Financial Services, Wealth Management
- Please be sure to include a link to/attachment with your portfolio or samples of recent work
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to work in a well-known global private bank! To apply, click 'Apply Now' to submit your resume to us. You can also submit your portfolio separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions, please feel free to contact Yvonne Hung at +852 3907 3977.