As a leading investment bank in China and Hong Kong region, the investment banking arm of Bank of China, BOC International Holdings Limited (“BOCI”), is now seeking highly motivated, creative and success-oriented professional who would like to pursue the career for supporting our group.
We are looking for a Commodity Sales and Trader for our UK Global Commodities platform, which is well-established clearing member of the LME and ICE Europe with business across metals and energy markets etc,, serving clients from China, South East Asia to Europe on trading, brokering and clearing, as well as structured products.
The role is based in London, UK with primary focus leaning towards the LME, and
base metals market; occasionally need to cover ICE, CME etc. other commodities
- Promoting and helping to build client business;
- Manage the trading book as a market maker and direct trading counterpart;
- Executing trades on client instructions as well as maintaining existing client relationships;
- Provide product information and market analysis to client;
- Coordinate with other departments as appropriate to product and business development.
- 5+ years' proven track record in Sales & Trading in commodity futures and derivatives asset class (ideally LME, base metals related);
- Strong work ethic with ability to manage a high pressured, multi-faceted environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Able to work within a team and be open to mentor and train
- Being able to come up with solutions versus excuses
- Mandarin speaking is essential.
- Work location: London
Notes to applicants:
- Please apply in strict confidence with full resume, academic record, current and expected salaries.
- The personal data provided will be used for consideration of recruitment only. All personal data of unsuccessful candidate will be destroyed within 24 months.
- Candidates with Enhanced Competency Framework (ECF): please state on the CV.