AVP/Officer, Sales and Marketer, Listed Structured Products - Warrants &CBBCs - Hong Kong
The Retail Salesperson is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams. Responsibilities:
- Focus on coverage of broker dealers and assist the team covering some of our most important Platinum and Priority Clients including Private Banks, Broker Dealers, Regional Consumer Banks and RIA's
- This is a cross-asset sales team, thus the team is responsible for selling structured investments linked to equities, fixed income, currencies, commodities, hybrids, and alternative investment classes
- The successful candidate will work with multiple partners across the bank including the various product structuring and trading teams, and the MAG team to bring appropriate product to our clients
- Proactively reaching out to current and potential broker dealer clients to provide product ideas, improve existing client services and onboard new clients
- Continued development of the platform to improve the client experience
- Work with the entire 3rd party team on servicing our Platinum and Priority Clients to ensure we are meeting targets
- Interaction with the Client Management team to develop proper wallet data for our client base
- Leading strong governance and controls
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; demonstrating proper consideration for the firm's reputation.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi's Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services
- Fulfilling the clients' necessities while providing an exceptional client experience is the expected behavior from all our employees and it will be measured by specific metrics.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Track record of managing client relationships and consistently generating revenue
- Ability to identify and drive new product and client opportunities
- Good understanding of the retail competitive landscape
- Ability to work across the organization, businesses and control groups, to deliver client solutions
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, and advanced quantitative skills
- Experience with derivative pricing and model experience
- Self-motivated, innovative, results oriented
- Must be a team-player
- Excellent time management/prioritization skills and solid judgment
- Outstanding attention to detail and follow-up
- Excel proficiency
- Proven track record in servicing various retail clients
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Handling hotline inquiries from clients
Digital marketing experience is preferred
Media exposure experience is preferred
Commentary writing skills is preferred
Language: Cantonese, Mandarin and English Job Family Group:
Institutional Sales Job Family:
Retail Sales Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting