- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Apr 18
AVP-Analyst (Korean), Financial Institutions Group
Location: Hong KongThe Role / Responsibilities:
This position will report to the Associate Managing Director responsible for Moody's Financial Institutions ratings in Hong Kong. The Analyst will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of high profile Korean financial institutions, including insurance, securities, and finance companies
- Managing all aspects of the ratings process from timely ratings actions to producing, high quality, insightful and impactful research.
- Communicating views to internal and external stakeholders.
- Engaging with issuers, intermediaries and investors (e.g. conference participation, investors' outreach) to increase Moody's market relevance.
Ratings quality: work with the analysts in Moody's global financial institutions teams to foster critical thinking, healthy skepticism, a more proactive approach to managing the credit portfolio, and updating processes that strengthen Moody's ratings franchise and relevance.
Communication Skills: must be able to articulate, persuasive, timely, insightful and relevant commentary to both internal and external stakeholders regarding credit issues.
Less experienced candidates will be considered for Analyst level.
Financial Institutions Group
- +8 years' experience in an analytical, research or risk management function of an established financial institution, publishing firm or international body, including experience in financial markets.
- Good understanding of Korean financial institutions and their regulatory environment
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly including the ability to articulate complex analytic and strategic issues and influence audiences of different skill and knowledge levels
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- A solid track record in writing either for an internal or external audience
- Proficiency in English and Korean required, Mandarin would be advantages
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.