APAC Senior Financial Analyst - Supervising Associate (Hong Kong)
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Hong Kong
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
- Monitor and track financial results against operational and strategic objectives as well as historical performance
- Communicate with business leaders in a concise manner and offer timely insights from a forward-looking perspective with proactive recommendations for improvement
- Synthesize and communicate detailed financial information; highlight any potential risks which might impact service line performance and provide strategic input to support effective decision making
- Coordinate the process for various budget and forecast exercises by translating business projections into meaningful figures, including data processing, modeling and reporting
- Support the team lead with the day-to-day management of the inventory, including billing and collection management, WIP and debtor aging analysis, and alert respective leaders for any potential credit risks
- Supervise and review deliverables organized by junior financial analyst when necessary and provide technical support, knowledge and counsel to others within the finance discipline
- Assist in the month-end close process
- Execute ad-hoc analysis and data-mining projects as needed by leaders
- University degree holder in Accounting or related disciplines; holders of CPA qualification will be an advantage
- Over five years of relevant working experience, including three years in financial analysis and budgeting with supervisory role preferred
- A general understanding of the external services offered by the organization and the overall area/regional markets landscape would be beneficial
- Confidence, detailed-minded with sound analytical and problem solving skills; able to demonstrate the ability to challenge assumptions and decisions in an appropriate manner
- Excellent communication skills in order to drive interactions that build trust and manage expectations with all stakeholders; experience in collaborating with teams across geographic regions
- Able to work in a self-sufficient manner, operating across multiple projects and priorities; strong time management and organizational skills to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel in preparing financial analysis and reports. Candidates with financial/budget modelling knowledge and experience will be advantageous
- Experience in financial software packages, including Hyperion Essbase, Business Objects, MS Access and SAP
- Excellent command in both English and Chinese; fluency in Putonghua will be an added advantage.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.