APAC Regulatory Engagement Lead
C15 Director: Team Overview:
The Regulatory Engagement lead ensures that Citi maintains strong and productive regulatory relationships, particularly the Federal Reserve, OCC and FDIC, across the entire franchise.The team proactively manages regulatory matters to ensure the organization is well positioned and responsive in regulatory interactions. The team collaborates closely with subject matter experts to:
- Oversee and coordinate the content and narrative of decks for regulatory updates and discussions working across the franchise both regionally and globally
- Build strong communication with the global regulatory engagement team and help to manage the information flow between region and global and visa versa
- Work closely with partners in other Control Functions and Businesses to ensure consistent, insightful and clear communications to both regulators and the global regulatory engagement team.
- Have a good understanding and knowledge of the US regulators including key priorities and regulatory themes
- Help to contribute to regional franchise regulatory examinations, where appropriate, and ensure the franchise proactively addresses regulatory requests
- Support the development of appropriate and comprehensive responses and remediation plans when regulatory issues and concerns are identified
The Regulatory Engagement lead is part of the broader global CAO organisation under the Global Regulatory Engagement office and regionally under the regional COO. Position Objective:
The objective of this role is to drive the execution of regulatory engagement in APAC and to ensure the franchise is responsive, agile and well-prepared for unique and demanding regulatory requests from the Federal Reserve, OCC and FDIC. This will include ensuring strong lines of communication between the regional and Global regulatory engagement team. The position will require stakeholder engagement to ensure that regulatory responses are thoughtful, comprehensive and promote consistent messaging with a clear understanding of the global and regional strategy. In addition, there is opportunity to provide senior management with strategic assessments of emerging regulatory themes and regulatory advocacy. Key Responsibilities:
- Build strong working relationships and effectively partner with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across the franchise including Countries, Businesses and Control Functions, to ensure an integrated and holistic approach to regulatory relations.
- Promote a strong relationship with US regulators by establishing appropriate lines of communication that enable meaningful dialogue on developments within the APAC franchise organization and a better understanding of the views of the regulators.
- Drive effective communication strategies with regulators and advice to senior management with best in class presentations, materials and other submissions provided to regulators.
- Synthesize regulatory feedback and key findings to senior management and key stakeholders to drive awareness of and help anticipate regulatory concerns.
- Have strong connectivity and foster an excellent working relationship with the regional Heads of Regulatory Engagement for both global and regional coordination as well as sharing of ideas and best practices and regulatory responses.
- Partner with the regional businesses and functions on regulatory issue oversight to ensure responses to regulatory concerns are well informed, align to the broader narrative and regional strategy and appropriately address concerns raised.
- Execute and lead high priority regulatory ad hoc regional franchise projects where appropriate
- Have strong connectivity into each of the APAC countries to ensure awareness of in-country regulatory issues and themes; provide escalation of issues to global regulatory engagement where appropriate and enable a holistic region wide view of some of the local regulatory issues each country is experiencing.
- Contribute to the Regional; Strategy & Advocacy Working group to help ensure that all key regulatory and policy proposals and consultations are analyzed for impact and advocacy; high priority topics for regulatory and policy advocacy are identified and engagement strategies for these topics are well defined and executed.
This is a senior position, providing the opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across the franchise both regionally and globally on critical regulatory interactions with the US regulators. Qualifications:
Job Family Group:
- 15+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry, preferably in a regulatory-facing role that requires superior problem solving and excellent oral/written communication skills (Regulatory or Compliance background a plus)
- Experience working at a banking regulatory agency, such as the Federal Reserve, OCC, and FDIC a plus
- Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills. Ability to build strong internal and external networks
- Exceptional writing skills, with ability to synthesize complex concepts and strategies and translate into effective presentations to external regulators and Senior Management
- Strong attention to detail, willingness to "roll up sleeves"; ability to work under pressure and strong work ethic
- Strong control mindset, knowledge of Citi's policies and procedures and regulatory understanding
- Autonomous and highly motivated with the ability to multi-task productively and to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Experienced in project management with excellent organizational, follow-up and time management skills
- Business management or analytical background (Master's degree in Business or relevant discipline preferred; Bachelor's degree with analytic focus, e.g. business, finance, economics, management information systems, etc.)
Risk Management Job Family:
Regulatory Risk Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting