APAC Program Trading, Trading Strategist
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- You responsibilities as a Program Trading, Trading Strategist performing Quantitative Analyst related activities for the overall regional APAC Trading desk.
- You strong collaboration with the Program Traders regionally and globally along with close partnership across other related desks within the overall Markets division.
- Your involvement in driving client conversations and meetings, keeping our clients updated with market commentary.
- Integration across other Program Trading Strategist and Trading desks in our other core global locations.
- You responsibilities being part of regional and global projects along with your input across innovations for the desk.
- Having a background in Portfolio Theory/Strategy, Index Construction and you having Index Rebalance know how.
- 5+ years Quantitative Analyst responsibilities, ideally on a Program Trading desk or Index related desk.
- Understanding market structure, microstructure, the working of stock exchanges and the understanding of the China A-Share market.
- A strong personality and excellent proficiency in English, with Cantonese and Mandarin advantageous.
- Good mathematical skills, problem solving and ability working well across all seniorities.
- Working in a dynamic, demanding environment, with tight time deadlines and having the ability to prioritize well.
- Your strong attention to details and demonstrating being a self-starter, along with you having a high level of motivation.
- Thinking ahead, finding answers and being engaging in growing with the ability to learn quickly.
- A real passion for improving, building and embracing change.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Being able to work within a diverse team environment and cross collaborating with connected teams regionally and globally.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.