A Top Tier Investment Bank is currently looking for a APAC Operations Control Manager to join their team. Our client offers competitive remuneration. The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the line of business has a sustainable and disciplined end-to-end control environment, identifying and escalating issues with a sense of urgency, and partnering with the Business to ensure issues are remediated in a timely manner. The team assists in top-down risk analysis, real-time control issue detection, escalation, root cause analysis, and remediation.
Control Manager is responsible for the oversight of the Control Environment for the Operations functions that support the business. Control Management team works in partnership with the Business to provide a comprehensive view of control risk.
- Focus includes:
- Acting as trusted Operations control advisors and as a first line of defense with Operations on the control agenda.
- Representing Operations interests vis-a-vis control/regulatory initiatives.
- Executing and implementing Operations control priorities and strategy.
- Leading Operations supervisory management and execution.
- Managing control and risk governance implementation and reporting.
- Driving risk mitigation and control remediation programs across the business.
- In partnership with stakeholders, evaluate and perform an end-to-end analysis of the business’ risk and control environment to identify significant gaps and weaknesses and determine root cause of control breaks
- Ensure that controls are properly designed, operating effectively, and essential to a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Perform ongoing analysis of program/metric related data (e.g., KRI/KPI) and develop ad-hoc reports as requested to support business-related programs, strategies and risks
- Drive the Department’s agenda of automation & visualization through use of specialized tech tools.
- Assist with development of Risk & Control Self-Assessment mapping and documentations through participation in end-to-end process walkthroughs and deep dives with assigned business units
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of experience in financial services industry with background in controls, audit, quality assurance, operational risk management, or compliance preferred; or equivalent subject matter expertise in a relevant business related function/operation
- Problem solving / Analytical skills - solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills; able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate appropriate conclusions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred