APAC ICG Operational Risk & Control Officer - SVP
The APAC ICG Operational Risk & Control Officer will partner closely with the APAC ICG business teams in Hong Kong, Singapore and Global functions (including Compliance, Legal, Operational Risk Management, Operations & Technology, etc) as well as Country Business Operational Risk and Control teams to support the implementation of robust control directives and processes.
A critical function of the role is to provide control advisory and support to the APAC ICG organization in mitigating the high business and franchise risk that is inherent to a business undergoing transformation in a regulatory environment that is constantly changing. The incumbent will also provide subject matter expertise on risk and control, project manage regional control initiatives and engage in ICG related controls strategy, governance and framework.
This role will report into APAC ICG Risk and Controls- Operational Risk Lead and will manage a number of critical control-related processes as well as support projects to build or enhance the ICG businesses control framework. This will include the Risk & Controls transformation work, the ongoing maintenance of the ICG businesses MCA, the production of quality metrics, governance reporting, issue management, and interaction with the Consent Order work streams and APAC CAO organization, IBRC teams, 2nd and 3rd LOD teams.
This role will work with the APAC ICG CAO and IBRC Risk and Controls Teams to assist key activities on MCA process, issue monitoring and resolution, exam management as well as supporting APAC ICG Risk and Controls in regulatory initiatives such as RIM and data quality projects.
The incumbent will also provide subject matter expertise on risk and control, project manage regional control initiatives and engage in APAC ICG Risk and Controls governance, issue management and control frameworks. Responsibilities:
- Working with the ICG businesses and function owners on risk and control matters, providing objective views on risks, controls and trends to the Regional ICG Risk and Controls Head and the respective Regional and Country leadership, advising and guiding the function owners on risks and controls, and performing timely escalation on emerging risks and issues.
- Review and assess the current controls framework as it pertains to the ICG businesses
- Lead or participate in multiple and concurrent enhancement / transformation initiatives to remediate any identified gaps
- Establish sustainable controls and monitoring methodologies to ensure process quality and effectiveness of controls
- Provide specialist risk and control coordination, advice and guidance to ensure a consistent MCA program, PRCs (Processes, Risks and Controls), Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for risk and control across the ICG businesses, including monitoring and reporting processes.
- Drive collaboration with Legal, Compliance, AML and Operational Risk Management (ORM) as Second Line of Defense functions, and with Internal Audit as the third Line of defense. Focusing on improved IBAM rates, ECI, OTR, ROR indicators.
- Support the APAC ICG businesses in identification of issues and formulating corrective action plans
- Liaise with line control officers on any deficiencies or control gaps as well as ensure appropriate remedial actions are in place where deficiencies are identified.
- Responsible for reporting of control issues in APAC ICG to identify trends, themes and areas requiring improved controls
- Support tracking, reporting, escalation and remediation of outstanding issues and CAPs owned by APAC ICG businesses
- Ensure that any new controls are included in the respective teams' frameworks, and that relevant dependencies are setup
- Produce, enhance and automate as required reporting tools and Management Information materials for senior management
- Attend governance forums and take ownership of APAC ICG related submissions, minutes and follow-ups
- Provide support to key stakeholders and control functions on an ad-hoc basis
- Partner with in-business risk and control leads to co-ordinate key regulatory priorities and control enhancements across the ICG businesses
- Coordinate communication and escalation to ICG Risk and Control leadership team and APAC ICG business owners to ensure their awareness on any issue or change in the control environment affecting their areas of responsibilities
- Support ICG CAO and respective businesses Risk and Control teams during internal control reviews, internal audits (IA) and regulatory reviews
- 10 Years Operational Risk, Controls, Compliance, Audit or related experience
- Understanding of Internal Control, Audit and Operational Risk requirements
- Good working knowledge of ICG businesses and products
- Strong Stakeholder Management Skills (e.g. written and verbal communication, influencing skills & negotiation)
- Strong interpersonal skills, situational awareness and emotional intelligence
- Ability to work independently, interface and execute with a sense of urgently and to deliver on tasks effectively and efficiently
- Experience in Risk and Control Self Assessment process
- Ability to identify enhancement opportunities and more granular insights that can be acted upon
- Ability to build presentations to effectively communicate technical information to a wide audience
- Ability to multi-task, work against tight deadlines, and make decisions independently with minimal guidance from management
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to see the big pictures with high attention to critical details
- Ability to critically interpret regulations / policies / standards and convert them into logical procedures and control documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization and across different geographic locations
- A proactive and "no surprises" approach in communicating issues
- Range of experience demonstrating flexibility in skillset and approach
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA a plus
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Risk Management Job Family:
Business Risk & Controls Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting