- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
APAC Head of Strategy & Business Management
Location: Hong KongBackground
The Head of Strategy and Business Management will ensure that MIS has a strategy in place to capture growth opportunities and will support the MD- Regional Head Asia-Pacific with the management of the affiliate relationships and the general management of the region. To this end you will:
- Assess the opportunities for MIS in the region and develop the strategic plan to capitalize on opportunities in the developed and emerging capital markets across the Asia Pacific region.
- Work closely with the MCO Corporate Development Group to evaluate potential investments, joint ventures, partnership opportunities and strategic alliances.
- Oversee and manage the relationships with the MIS affiliates in the region with the objective to identify future opportunities with these affiliates individually or collectively within the region.
- Support the MD-Regional Head of Asia-Pacific in the general management of the region so that MIS executes its strategic priorities in the region.
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the current footprint of the MIS operations and the broader markets in the region, with the objective to identify new markets or geographies that would enable MIS to profitably expand either directly or through affiliates/JVs.
- Responsible for the formulation and implementation of Moody's strategy in the domestic China market
- When market entry opportunities are identified, work with Corporate Development team to analyze the strategic opportunity and contribute to the investment decision making process.
- Lead the analysis of external market data and competitive analysis to identify opportunities to introduce new products or services, business lines or extensions in the region.
- Oversee the relationships with the current MIS affiliates in the region and identify opportunities where MIS may work with the affiliates to gain market entry, introduce new research or data products or coordinate the affiliates in the formation of a regional network of ratings, research and data providers.
- Working closely with the senior managers of MIS in the region to lead the assessment of MIS' competitive position in the region and coordinate the formulation of strategic plans or tactics to respond to market developments and opportunities.
- As directed by the MD-Regional Head of Asia-Pacific, support the general management and facilitation of the business activities in the region, such as:
- Cross LOB and Commercial coordination to ensure alignment
- Coordinate LOBs execution of research and outreach
Regional Management / APAC
- The successful candidate will have 15 to 20 years of experience in a corporate strategy or strategic consulting role, where they demonstrated leadership, strong analytic skills, a good understanding of financial accounting, modeling and valuation techniques, excellent communication and presentation skills, and strong project management capabilities.
- The person will have had exposure to and a good understanding of the global capital markets.
- The position works in a matrix organization structure so the person needs to be a self starter, able to drive projects to conclusion and work effectively with a variety of people at various levels within the company.
- Education requirements: MBA preferred.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.