APAC Employment Counsel
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
Excellent opportunity for growth, learning and career development!
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
- Providing day-to-day legal advice on the broad spectrum of employment-related matters to the APAC HR team and other key partners, such as Legal, Compliance, Risk and line of business stakeholders;
- Managing employment threats and/or claims arising within the region, and working closely with HR, ER and other stakeholders to develop and execute plans to bring such matters to a satisfactory resolution;
- Providing timely input on enterprise and regional HR and employment law related initiatives; such as review of incentive plans, benefit plans, new policies and procedures, and new processes
- Maintaining and updating our library of precedent documents with a view of expanding the range of precedents available for use;
- Managing outside counsel relationships;
- Conducting appropriate training for HR and ER partners and others
- Solicitor admitted in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or another common law jurisdiction (preferably around 3-5+ PQE)
- Sound knowledge of, and experience in, handling employment law matters within the APAC regional
- Experience in working with, or within, large diversified financial institutions
- Some familiarity with international employment and compensation
- Familiarity with US and APAC employment, labour, compensation and benefits issues
- Additional language skills (such as Chinese and Japanese skills)
- Strong client relationship skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to assume responsibility quickly and to produce quality work in complex multi-team environments where collaboration, partnership and teamwork are essential
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.