APAC Compliance Regulatory Change Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description Job Description
The APAC Compliance Regulatory Change Consultant supports the APAC Compliance Regulatory Change Lead with the regulatory change management program for the APAC region, including tracking of regulatory developments, managing the relevant governance structure for regulatory changes, and assist with regulatory related projects, as necessary. Responsibilities Regulatory monitoring, communication and awareness
Regulatory development meetings management
- Proactively monitor multiple regulatory information sources to identify new/revised regulatory developments that are applicable to Wells Fargo's business activities in APAC, in c ollaboration with legal, compliance officers and other risk functions
- Review and track applicable regulatory changes for completeness, accuracy and consistency and liaise with the relevant stakeholders for assessing and documenting the impact of such changes to the relevant Wells Fargo legal entities covered by the APAC region
- Generate and communicate regulatory change alerts and help to maintain an inventory and a system of record for monitoring, reporting and disposition of applicable regulatory changes
- Prepare periodic reports on the recent regulatory changes
- Collaborate and liaise with all relevant stakeholders with regard to communication and management of applicable regulatory changes
- Assist with the preparation and publication of monthly Compliance newsletters
- Assist with reviewing the APAC Compliance training and awareness program, by advising and recommending training content on material regulatory developments
Compliance risk identification support
- Assist with managing the monthly regional regulatory developments meetings, including the preparation of agenda papers and trackers, co-ordinate the monthly regional regulatory developments meetings, and draft meeting minutes, ensuring all relevant recordkeeping and record retention requirements are met
- Assist with reviewing, developing and recommending improvements on regulatory compliance policies
- Assist with activities relating to the regulatory source and major requirement (MR) nomination process, including review, revision and maintenance of sources, MRs and their associated risk rating and controls covered by the APAC region in the Wells Fargo internal system of record.
- Assist APAC Compliance with discharging its responsibilities with respect to relevant compliance program elements, with a focus on regulatory risk identification and regulatory change management
The candidate is required to provide other ad-hoc support to APAC Compliance management as directed.
Market Skills and Certifications Minimum Qualifications
- A relevant degree, with at least 3 years of experience in relevant areas such as regulatory compliance, gained from top tier bank or major consultancy/accounting firm (i.e., banking knowledge is required).
- General knowledge of the APAC regulatory environment and how these requirements apply to a business is preferred. Some familiarity with U.S. banking, securities and bank holding company laws and regulations is an advantage.
- The candidate must have analytical skills with experience in collecting, analyzing and synthesizing information on various subjects.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and presentation) skills and organizational abilities are essential with an ability to liaise professionally and with diplomacy across all levels of team members in a clear manner.
- A self-starter who is proactive with the ability to identify key issues, and to obtain appropriate information for further analysis.
- Ability to quickly learn business processes, including Risk Management/Compliance policies and procedures.
- The ability to work unsupervised and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously.
- Stability, Reliability, conscientiousness and ability to produce work of a high quality.
- IT literate - including Microsoft Project, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and other reporting tools but also able to understand use of technology for improving the regulatory control environment.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.