APAC Communication Control Group, Communications Manager, Vice President / Associate, AWM
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is looking for a high caliber candidate at Vice President / Associate level to join our Asia Pacific Communication Control Group (CCG). Team Description:
The Communication Control Group (CCG) is a global function residing in the distribution business of J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
Its mission is to deliver a framework and service that empowers the entire global asset management business to generate and disseminate regulatory compliant communications in the most effective and timely manner to our retail, intermediary and institutional clients. To achieve this, the group needs to actively engage with other functions across the distribution business: marketing, sales and client services, and the product desks. The team also retains a close partnership with the compliance organization as well as the CCG teams in US and EMEA.
As part of APAC CCG, the CCG member based in Hong Kong acts in a role of Marketing Compliance
taking the lead to safeguard the business by providing advice and guidance in preparing compliant communications in accordance with both the external rules and regulations and the internal firm-wide policies and the control mechanism. The role also assists on the marketing related governance topics to help facilitate effective and prudent practices that contribute to the long-term success of the business.
The role will have a reporting line to Head of APAC CCG; and will partner closely amongst teams across APAC and Global. The Role:
As a member of the APAC CCG, you will be responsible for working with the distribution business and product desks to ensure their client communications are subject to the appropriate, and most efficient, levels of control and oversight.
You will need a thorough understanding of marketing regulations, a strong sense of collaboration and conviction, and core communication skills in order to clearly and concisely guide the business. The role will have a regional coverage and review marketing materials disseminated predominantly in the Greater China, and some of the markets in Asia Pacific including Japan. Key Responsibilities:
- Review of medium and high risk client communications/marketing materials for the retail, intermediary and institutional client base such as print ad, client presentations, brochures, digital properties and new communication templates.
- Pro-active engagement in the review of globally distributed client communications
- Oversight of low risk materials self-certified by the business
- Provide the business with day-to-day up-front content advice
- Involvement with the preparation and delivery of marketing training across the business.
- Help ensure that all areas of the business have appropriate policies and procedures in place
- Regulatory filing as required
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the regulatory environment and an awareness of the evolving mediums and methods used for marketing activities
- Proven experience in a similar role either within the business, legal, compliance, controls department or within a regulator in relation to asset management products and services
- Experience reviewing social media and digital communications
- Experience working with a system based communication review process
- Clear and concise communicator with strong collaboration skills
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and priorities workload
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Organized and efficient working well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and conviction are essential
- Excellent communications in English, Cantonese, Mandarin; with fluency in Japanese is essential and a holder of Internal Control Officer or Sales Representative Officer under JSDA (Japan Securities Dealers Association) rules would be a plus