AML Compliance Manager (Private Wealth Management)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Black Swan Group
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Fantastic opportunity for an AML Manager in a Private Bank. Reporting directly to the Head of Compliance, this role provides support and regulatory advice in relation to Private Wealth Management business in Hong Kong. This role focuses specifically on AML and internal compliance/ethnical standards, ensuring all regulatory requirements are met.
The organisation offers you the chance to:
- Assist the Money Laundering Reporting Officer in implementing effective AML measures and controls in Hong Kong.
- Ensure that AML risk is mitigated through stringent quality control checks (in accordance with organisation frameworks and regulatory standards) both at the client on-boarding stage and through continuous monitoring of conduct of accounts.
- Perform Know Your Client reviews, due diligence searches and account opening documentation checks pursuant to relevant regulatory requirements.
- Prepare for and present to Due Diligence Committee meeting prior to account acceptance.
- Perform ongoing transaction monitoring and regular account reviews according to internal risk criteria.
- Identify and investigate any suspicious transactions so that escalation and reporting can be made to senior management and regulatory authorities in timely basis.
- Assist the team in carrying out regular and ad hoc surveillance tests over various regulated activities in Hong Kong.
- Identify risk issues and propose recommendations / rectifications to senior management for resolution.
- Provide advices to the business and senior management for all regulatory matters in relation to AML.
- Maintain key internal relationships to foster a positive compliance culture through communications, trainings and to provide employees and colleagues with timely and pragmatic advice on day-to-day issues.
- Conduct training to enhance staff’s risk awareness on internal controls and regulatory changes.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the legal or compliance function of a bank (preference in private banking or wealth management industry) or good working experience at HKMA, SFC or equivalent regulatory bodies
- Have prior working experience in AML, KYC, client on-boarding, account opening documentation review and ongoing transaction monitoring
- Have a good knowledge of HKMA/SFC rules/regulations in Hong Kong
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of AML requirements and practices
- IT skills and relevant software proficiency
- Proficiency in English and Chinese, Mandarin speaking a plus
- Organized and attentive to details
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Team player and good communicator
- Able to handle multi-tasks and work to deadlines
To discuss in more detail and obtain further information please contact Caroline Walford on email@example.com or call +852 5804 4540
Licence Number – 52780
Black Swan Group is an award winning global corporate governance recruitment firm who launched here in Singapore in early 2014. We have developed a reputation for finding exceptional talent and matching them with exciting and unique opportunities. Initially founded in London in 2010 we now have 4 offices globally in London, Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney supporting clients across the entire spectrum of financial services businesses.