AML Compliance - Private Banking
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- ConnectedGroup Limited
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
Our clients, an international Private Bank is looking for senior AML compliance candidate to join their compliance team to strength the function and cope with the expansion.
Our client, an international Private Bank is looking for senior AML compliance candidate to join their compliance team to strength the function and cope with the expansion.
- Provide advices to the business and senior management for all regulatory matters in relation to AML
- Assist the Money Laundering Reporting Officer in implementing effective AML measures and controls
- Ensure that AML risk is mitigated through stringent quality control both at the client on-boarding stage and through continuous monitoring of conduct of accounts
- Perform Know Your Client reviews, due diligence searches and account opening documentation checks pursuant to relevant regulatory requirements
- Prepare for and present to Due Diligence Committee meeting prior to account acceptance
- Perform ongoing transaction monitoring and regular account reviews according to internal risk criteria
- Identify and investigate any suspicious transactions so that escalation and reporting can be made to senior management and regulatory authorities in timely basis
- Assist the team in carrying out regular and ad hoc surveillance tests over various regulated activities in Hong Kong
- Identify risk issues and propose recommendations / rectifications to senior management for resolution
- Conduct training to enhance staff's risk awareness on internal controls and regulatory changes
- University graduate with business or finance degree is preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the legal or compliance function of a bank (preference in private banking or wealth management industry) or good working experience at HKMA, SFC or equivalent regulatory bodies
- Have prior working experience in AML, KYC, client on-boarding, account opening documentation review and ongoing transaction monitoring
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of AML requirements and practices
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin).