AMD (Public) - International Shareholder Services, Alternative Investment Client Service, Associate/VP, Hong Kong
GOLDMAN SACHS ASSET MANAGEMENT (GSAM)
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html Primary Summary
The role will consist of being a member of the Global Alternative Investment Client Service team (part of Global Shareholder Services) providing excellent Client Service to investors from all Non-US regions with a particular focus on Asia based Clients in relation to the Goldman Sachs Offshore Hedge and Private Equity Funds. The role will require being pro-active in providing World Class Client Service and identifying Client Service enhancements with a view to evolving those ideas into implementation or making recommendations to Management. The role also involves working closely with the various Distribution Channels and other departments within the firm to improve the client experience and/or improve the efficiency within the team, as well as day to day client trade order and query handling.
Asia as a region is experiencing significant growth in the Alternative Fund space across all divisions of Goldman Sachs so the role will grow and evolve as the support model develops in the region. Responsibilities
- Working closely with our Global Client Service teams to deliver excellent Client Service standards in a globally consistent manner
- Partnering with regional Sales teams across all channels and our internal distribution teams to contribute to the AMD Public and Private Funds distribution effort
- Coordinating onboarding events including AML, legal and Compliance reviews
- Answering daily incoming calls and queries from internal and external clients / custodians regarding our Hedge and Private Equity fund range of products.
- Handling and coordinating Monthly / Quarterly transactions in the Funds.
- Ensuring regulatory and company compliance standards are met.
- Researching and understanding the business requirements of the various regions where GSAM Funds are distributed and communicating this back for implementation.
- Pro-actively identifying enhancements for clients and communicating these internally.
- Helping to automate various functions within the team and identifying ways to makes processes more streamlined.
- Experience and knowledge of Hedge and Private Equity Fund Management, administration and compliance standards.
- Client handling skills and experience gained at a top tier institution.
- A high level of accuracy and the ability to maintain this standard while under pressure through deadlines is required.
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering / KYC standards
- Previous experience of working with European / Asian-based distribution an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills used in group interaction.
- Being a selfless, motivated team player in a multi-cultural environment.
- Highly advanced work organizational skills.
- Fluency in European Languages an advantage but not required (in particular Spanish, Italian, French or German)
This job prefers a minimum of 5 years business/financial industry experience in the Hedge and Private Equity funds industry and exposure to dealing in funds domiciled in different regions and currencies is important.
A history of developing, implementing or improving Client Service models on a global scale an advantage.
Languages including Mandarin / Cantonese also an advantage. Education
Attainment of a degree or equivalent gained through relevant work experience
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity