AMD, Head Asia (ex Japan) Shareholder Services, Associate/VP, Hong Kong
Who We Are
Goldman Sachs Asset Management, part of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc, is one of the world's leading investment managers. With more than 4,000 professionals across 30 offices worldwide, GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries and geographies. Our investment solutions include fixed income, money markets, public equity, commodities, hedge funds, private equity and real estate.
As we conduct our business in increasingly complex markets, our people must continually find new ways to provide services and investment opportunities for our clients to enable them to realise their goals. We judge ourselves on our ability to help clients anticipate and respond to changing market conditions and to create opportunities that merit the trust they place in us. Business Unit Overview
The Global Shareholder Services
has teams in London, Dublin, Chicago, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore. Their main aim is to provide World Class Client Servicing to Investors in the GSAM Offshore mutual and alternative funds and to assist the GSAM Sales force in their global distribution effort .
Shareholder Services provides these services to over 1,500 funds across a wide range of client types including Third Party Distributors, Banks, Institutions and High Net Worth individuals. Summary
The Asia ex-Japan Shareholder Services team are based in both Hong Kong and Singapore focusing upon high quality, in region, Client Service with the head of this team being based in Hong Kong.
- Daily oversight and management of a team of 4 Client Service Professionals in Hong Kong and 4 in Singapore in a hands on manner.
- Working with Global Shareholder Services Management and Sales leadership in defining the Client Service model and long term strategy of the team by contributing the local and regional needs.
- Maintaining high levels of compliance and legal standards on behalf of the Funds, the Fund Boards and the Management Company of the Funds
- Working with internal Risk teams in providing risk metrics and key performance indicators.
- Assisting the team as needed in the onboarding of Investors including Anti Money Laundering checks.
- Assisting the team as needed in the ongoing management of investor accounts by responding to investor inquiries and calls.
- Defining reporting solutions to meet client needs and offering operational solutions that help investors maintain investments in our mutual funds.
- Maintaining the fund rules and operational standards ensuring regulatory and company compliance standards are met.
- Researching and developing services solutions that meet the unique and common business requirements of the multiple client types within the Asia region.
- Pro-actively identifying enhancements that will improve the clients experience or risks unique within the region as it relates to helping clients within the region.
- Promoting controls and automation to help manage risks, promote efficiency and help in the on-going service to clients.
In this role, individuals will:
Skills / Experience
- Play a key role in defining the service model for the Asia region whilst at the same time executing on that strategy
- Develop a strong relationship with clients and Sales leads in the region while also ensuring the internal operational integrating of the day to day functioning of the team.
- Gain exposure to a wide range of fund structures mainly covering traditional funds, Money Market funds but also Alternative funds
- Understand the various distribution models in Asia and the various distribution Platforms in the region.
- Interact with a diverse range of clients across all internal and external sales channels.
Successful candidates will have experience in the Asia region, excellent team management skills, a pro-active and self-initiated drive, aptitude for operational and technical tools, embrace teamwork, have strong communication skills and desire to provide solutions. Important for this role is the ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
- A minimum of seven years business/financial industry experience in Asset Management and exposure to dealing in funds domiciled in different regions and currencies is important.
- Knowledge of Fund administration and Compliance standards an advantage
- Proven track record in process improvement and risk management
- Client call and query handling skills
- Must have excellent communication skills - both written and oral - having the ability to explain intricate topics to colleagues and the business in such a manner that each can understand.
- Attention to detail but also have the ability to see the bigger picture and manage competing priorities
- Positive "can do" attitude. Will be expected to manage individuals and also assist in the "day-to-day" work.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with strong organizational skills
- Able to build strong relationship with business management, external vendors and internal clients alike
- Attainment of a degree or equivalent gained through relevant work experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity