AIS Fund Accounting & Administration, Vice President
What Is AIS? State Street's Alternative Investment Solutions group provides a complete suite of services to more than 750 clients, including institutional investors, hedge fund managers, private equity fund managers and real estate fund managers. We offer deep, product-specific expertise in alternative investments and flexible, innovative alternative investment solutions, including fund accounting, fund administration, corporate administration, risk and credit services.
What Part Will You Play? We are looking for exceptional individuals to help drive this continued success and contribute positively to our market leading position. This senior managerial position has responsibility for managing client relationships and directing the administration offering for a portfolio of blue chip, alternative investment clients.
- Provide overall direction to department managers and subordinate staff to assure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes yearly and quarterly financial, and efficiency goals and objectives.
- Maintain relationships with clients at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in State Street and ensuring expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of service received.
- Supervise staff and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work with other home site locations and hub locations on deliverable quality improvement, KPI and efficiency projects.
- Review and approve all transactions (money movement; trades; etc.) in accordance with established guidelines.
- Lead and participate in projects across the department, in particular those which look to mitigate risk, improve operational efficiency and deliver outstanding client service.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of private equity fund structures and show proficiency in accounting for complex transactions, understanding investment fund legal documents and guiding your teams in implementing standard methodologies.
- Model professionalism and ethical behaviors in all interactions, both internal and external.
- Develop and execute business plans both internally and in partnership with clients.
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
- Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc.
- Spearhead special projects and serve on committees and taskforce assignments.
What Do We Need From You?
- Fund accounting experience, 15 or more years of accounting and/or financial service operations experience, including 3 to 4 years of managerial experience. MBA and/or CPA is a plus.
- College degree (accounting business, mathematics, finance or economics degree preferred).
- Solid knowledge on private equity area is required.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
- Demonstrate initiative to perform well under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple assignments
- Investran experience is preferred.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our CEO Statement.