Who we are looking for
The AVP will lead a team of professionals and responsible for the development and growth of the client services team within the private equity fund services business of State Street Alternative segment, based in Hong Kong.
Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. Fund Administration Managers are responsible to direct the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting and Administration, Assistant Vice President you will
- Manages and supervises a team of professionals to review a spectrum of reports and deliverables for private equity clients and to manage and maintain multiple client relationships
- Maintains goals and careers development plans for direct reports and meets all requirements for performance planning process (including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals)
- Provides technical guidance and mentorship to all staff levels
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of accounting, with focus on private equity / alternative segment
- Manages client expectations and participates in discussions with both existing clients and prospects
- Manages and monitors the work quality of deliverables from centers of excellence
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Works with various internal service teams regarding client deliverables such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices
- Coordinates annual audit and tax return preparation with external accounting firms
- Prepares and maintains robust operations process and control procedures
- Reviews and revamps operations process and control for efficiency
- Reviews fund governing agreements and offering memorandums and ensures compliance with operational and accounting procedures
- Maintains working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel
- Participates in special client or internal projects as required
- Supports regional and global initiatives
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive, can-do attitude, meticulous are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly advanced MS Excel skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Candidate must have a college degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus)
- At least 8-10 years of accounting experience, including 2 to 3 years of supervisory and financial reporting experience is required.
- Specific experience in the private equity/real estate industry is a must.