2022 Fixed Income Division Industrial Placement Program (Hong Kong/ Singapore)
2022 Fixed Income Division Industrial Placement Program (Hong Kong/ Singapore) Job Description
The Fixed Income Industrial Placement Program is aimed at undergraduates who are either required by their degree or are able to complete a longer internship period. The six month internship, which is based in Hong Kong or Singapore and begins in mid - January, offers you the opportunity to learn about a variety of product areas, while providing a clear understanding of how the business operates as a whole. Following an initial period of training and induction, you will be assigned to a particular team where you will spend the remainder of your placement. Interns are treated as full-time members of the team and work alongside experienced professionals at all levels. Training Program
Industrial Placement Interns begin with a one-day orientation where they are introduced to the Firm's businesses and learn what it's like to be an employee at Morgan Stanley. They will then attend Sales & Trading division-specific training where they learn core skills essential for success. The curriculum includes daily market updates, business-specific overviews, and basic product and technical training. Responsibilities
• Sales: Understand how a client base is developed and maintained; create investment ideas; learn how we sell and cross-sell the Firm's products; represent the Firm when interfacing with clients on important business issues.
• Trading: Assist in generating trade ideas and analysis; support all aspects of the market-making and trade execution process, from providing research analytics on trades to relative value analysis.
• Strategy: Help develop investment recommendations on Fixed Income Securities through the study and analysis of market fundamentals and technical research. Understand how we use the existing firm model database to develop new models.
• Structuring: Learn how to build valuation models to help issuers and investors optimize a transaction's economics, and quantify sources of value and risk. Qualifications/Skills/Requirements
• You are pursuing an undergraduate Bachelor's or Master's degree with a graduation date between October 2022 and July 2023.
• While no prior knowledge of finance or sales & trading is required, you must have a keen interest in finance and markets.
• You are analytical, adaptive, possess a strong work ethic, are a leader yet team player, as well as a multi-tasker.
• You possess strong oral and written communication skills.
• Fluency in English required, and Asian language skills preferred. Application Process and Deadline
Application processes will vary by division, but will likely include the following; CV, OnDemand Video Interview, Essay Submission, Superday. Please apply by Sunday, 26th September 23:59 HKT.