Risk & Market Analyst
Deals Desk within Trafigura is a middle office team providing risk analysis globally on a real time basis. Our primary responsibilities revolve around monitoring all elements of risk and exposure related to our commercial activity and report it directly to the board on a daily basis. We serve in a support role for traders through which requires daily interaction with operations, finance and accounting teams. Commercially, we add value by providing traders with risk assessments and analysis, which highlight their exposure, optionality and PnL. These reports are essential to help them make the right commercial decisions and optimize the opportunities their portfolios generate, all the while providing deals desk employees with an unprecedented front office learning experience in the world of trading.
Whilst all responsibilities and accountabilities of the role remain based upon the core principles of risk management, the factors that drive them change on an hour-by-hour, day by day basis as the company discovers new and innovative ways to generate a wide and truly diversified portfolio.
Maintenance and enhancement of core P and L data to increase accuracy and timeliness of the daily trading results.
Be responsible for the production and reporting of daily trading positions and management P&L, production and monitoring of daily trading P&L and volumetric exposure reports, post deal review and system reconciliation. Enter inception PnL for all new trading strategies, and maintain the economics on these strategies throughout the trade lifecycle.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Strong communicator, comfortable liaising in English with own team, Traders and internal departments.
- Motivated to succeed in a high-pressure environment.
- Strives to improve processes and procedures to maximise efficiency.
- Excellent attention to detail, seeks to understand and question the results of what they have produced prior to distributing it.
• Meticulous and innovative
• Market analysis skills
• Proficient excel abilities
• Familiar with using multiple systems
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent communicator
• Ability to work in a fast paced high-pressure environment Key Responsibilities
- Ability to independently justify the economics in each trading strategy.
- Understand the forward curve on daily basis for physical and derivative markets to current position and to explain the impact on the trading PnL.
- Produce daily commentary for board of directors / traders to explain the daily changes in the trading profit and loss due to market changes/change in estimated/actual economics for each deal.
- Analyse exposure and report profit and loss including derivatives and physical exposure.
- Monitor data entry of new business in the Mark to Market System.
- Ensure all market price risk is captured and hedge actions executed.
- Assess implication of changes to future physical deliveries, report, and discuss impact of hedge strategy.
- Creation and maintenance of ad-hoc reports to assist in any area of position reporting /structure/hedging.
- Full responsibility of data integrity held within the trading systems.
- Accounting review of accruals/exceptions on a daily basis.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Physical Traders
- Head of Trading Books
- Head of Deals Desk
- Derivatives Traders
- FX treasury