Junior Technical Superintendent
To facilitate and enhance all the technical and financial reporting activity of the respective team with aim to develop and follow up on all necessary processes and requirements related to the day to day technical management.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Abilities, Experience and Qualifications:
- Manage, monitor and coordinate all technical and financial reporting received by 3rd party Managers, yards and vendors on the Vessel New Building Projects throughout the whole process ie from specification until delivery of the ships including special requirements for specific vendors (ie scrubbers).
- Manage and control the performance of appointed Third party Technical Managers for the owned fleet- this mainly means daily follow up of currently operated fleet, follow up on vessels technical matters, benchmarking and monitoring of procurement and supplies activity, quality assurance of services provided by Technical Managers with cost effective/saving orientation, OPEX analysis and benchmarking, proper and timely planning of DD plus management of specific projects associated with owned fleet (ie scrubbers or BWTS retrofits).
- Suitable candidates will hold a 2 years dedicated experience in the fields of Naval Architecture or Engineering supported by relevant qualifications. Ability to speak/write English fluently and IT system literacy
- Capable of working in a multinational, high paced and challenging environment
- Solid understanding of all ship technical matters and relevant activities
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Technical and Site Supervision Managers
- Shipping Operations
- Chartering/Commercial team