Patent Filing Specialist
Job-Fakten What does our team do?
The Patent Operation Team is globally responsible for filing national, international and European patent applications, managing the Roche patent portfolio and ensuring efficient and effective operation of all related processes. In this challenging position at Roche Patent Department in Penzberg (Germany), you will take up a role as a Patent Filing Specialist. You will support the Global Patent Operations Team to complete a range of administrative duties to ensure that our global patent rights are safely and properly filed. You have the ability to work in a global team and ensuring that all administrative duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality in a timely manner. Short wrap up of your future tasks
The position is responsible for the preparation and submission of patent documents in connection with the filing and and prosecution of patent applications. Processes foreign filings and originates reporting letters to affiliates. Monitors and reviews incoming mail and prepares and transmits foreign outgoing mail. Performs research, analysis and other duties as assigned. Ensures client services and satisfaction are attained in all areas of the position. Completes special projects as requested.
Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of the particular field of specialization. Work is varied, unique and substantially more complex in nature. Significant level of responsibility and independent work. May serve as a peer mentor and point of escalation for new or less experienced member of the team. Interfaces with internal customers and departments. Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions. You can identify yourself with the following bullets?
- Commercial Diploma or equivalent education preferred
- Patentanwaltsfachangestellte or CIPA education preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a patent administrator, paralegal or patent formalities officer
- Knowledge and expertise regarding substantive and procedural intellectual property law including patent office rules and procedures
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, concurrent tasks and assignments; must be proactive, self-disciplined and able to work independently and globally in a virtual team
- Good computer skills. Experience with online Patent Office Portals (USPTO PAIR, CMS)
- Experience with administration of patent docket database, preferred
- Good oral and written English and German communication skills.
In general, this position is also suitable for part-time work.
This position is limited to a period of 2 years .
We are looking forward to your application via CV only
; there is no need for any references or motivation letters at this point.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Jan Claeys +49 (0)8856 60 6687
- Wer wir sind With more than 12,000 employees Roche Diagnostics GmbH (RDG) represents the third largest site within Roche. Apart from the two sales organizations in Germany (Roche Pharma AG and Roche Diagnostics Deutschland) RDG is focused on the operative business. At the two sites in Mannheim and Penzberg new diagnostic tests and pharmaceutical active ingredients are developed and produced for the global market.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.