Senior Associate and/or Associate as Product Manager
- Munich, Bayern, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- DC Placement Advisors GmbH
- 04 Dec 17 2017-12-04
DC Placement Advisors is a leading global placement agent with an emphasis on core European markets, South Korea, the Middle East, Japan and Australia dedicated to supporting alternative fund managers in raising capital from top tier institutional investors.
Founded in 2008 and with offices in Germany, United Kingdom, Switzerland and Australia, the company is perfectly positioned to raise institutional capital on an international scale across alternative asset classes spanning from infrastructure, private equity and renewable energy to real estate and private debt - currently 5.5bn EUR. A thorough understanding of the institutional mindset, our vast industry recognition and established, long-term relationships with key institutional investors have given DC Placement Advisors a distinctive advantage in the rapid closure of new assignments. We are renowned for our outstanding investor mapping capabilities and market insight, with a streamlined business approach and a focus on execution efficiency.
DC Placement Advisors (DCPLA) operates 3 business lines:
Fund Marketing & Distribution – DCPLA assists private market firms in raising capital for alternative investments and advises on all the stages and areas of the fundraising process including strategy, structuring, documentation, investor roadshows, investor due diligence and closings.
Strategic Advisory Services – DCPLA advises investment managers on fund positioning, fund structuring, investor mapping and market testing.
Investor Communications – DCPLA advises its clients on all aspects of strategic communications with their existing or potential/target investor base.
We maintain an up-to-date global investor database of more than 3,300 institutional investors and their investment consultants. This comprehensive investor database covers 12 categories of alternative investors, including leading institutional investors (top tier insurance companies and pension funds), but also second and third tier pension funds, family offices, endowments and foundations.
We are looking ASAP for a qualified Senior Associate and/or Associate for the position of a Product Manager, to be based in the head office Munich:
The Alternative Investment Product Manager works under the guidance of the Head of Advisory. The advisory group provides our clients, across leading infrastructure equity and debt, private equity and debt, real estate and renewable energy managers with advisory services. Our advisory group performs manager diligence, valuation, research, analysis, reviews of investor allocations and studies concerning various asset classes to make sure that our selected managers can be represented and marketed in the best way to the global leading pension plans, insurance companies, asset managers, endowments, foundations, sovereign wealth funds, and family offices.
- Review and analyse investor allocation programmes and developments in various alternative asset classes
- Assemble forward calendar of available and desirable funds
- Supporting of due diligence processes and RFPs
- Amend and update pitch books to win investors for our represented funds
- Assist in raising capital for fund managers from institutional investors
- Assist in the preparation of marketing and due diligence materials
- Conduct due diligence on fund managers and their strategies throughout Europe and the US (complete qualitative and quantitative evaluation)
- Assist in setting up, administrating and monitoring data rooms and related documentation (subscription packs etc)
- Co-ordinate, manage and review the work produced by analysts and interns
- Liaise with the distribution team and our clients (the GPs or fund managers)
- Coordinate between distribution team and fund managers throughout fundraising process
- Respond to inquiries from the marketing & sales group on investment topics and products, providing feedback on existing marketing material
QUALIFICATIONS, DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively
- Excellent analytical & quantitative skills and detail orientation
- Ability to work effectively and meet deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in a team environment as part of a deal team and independently, as necessary
- Ability to manage projects and teams
- Work experience in the investment management or investment banking industry, experience in the investment consultancy industry strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years increasingly responsible professional experience in financial services
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree is required from an accredited college or university with preference given to accounting or finance degrees; CAIA, CFA I-III or other appropriate designations would be a strong bonus, but are not a must.
- Must be able to demonstrate a great knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office products (great experience in Excel and PowerPoint is a must), preferably understands relational databases
- Excellent command in business English in speaking and writing is a must, other languages are a plus
- Positive work environment in growing placement agent boutique firm
- Competitive package with recognition for hard work
- International team environment
- Outstanding quality of living (Munich is #4 in 2017 Quality of living worldwide city rankings – Mercer Survey)
Please send full application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of your achievements) to emarch(at)dcpla.com (Mrs. Eva March, Managing Director). Please, state your salary expectations and your desired or earliest entry date. For questions, please call or write to Eva March at +49 89 90 77 46 99 14.