RFP Senior Associate (Milan/Munich)
- Munich, Bayern, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 21 Apr 19
RFP Senior Associate (Milan/Munich)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.66 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,500 employees in 14 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
The EMEA Business Development Support Team (BDS) is responsible for supporting new business and client servicing. The team is a portal for firm and product information - completing Requests for Proposals, Due Diligence documents, Questionnaires, Consultant or Third-Party databases as well as operations support for both internal and external clients. Our dedicated, multi-lingual team services EMEA, Latin America and Asia from the firm's London and Munich offices.
Essential Job Functions
The day-to-day focus of the EMEA BDS Associate role will vary in line with requirements for internal firm support and completion of external marketing and business development documentation.
The position encompasses a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Engage in regional/product coverage allocated based on experience and language abilities
- Provide firm, operations and investment product information to internal and external clients using a variety of proprietary tools and data sources
- Complete/coordinate databases that support business and consultant efforts
- Complete/coordinate surveys that support business and product teams
- Write and assist with the maintenance/preparation of reports and standard language
- Ensure data (assets under management, investment professional, etc.) is suitable and up-to-date for regional use
- Ensure all assignments are completed accurately, on-deadline and to a high standard
- Actively adhere to team procedures in atmosphere of risk management
- Openly share ideas and leverage work wherever possible across the team
- Contribute to and grow the role through developmental assignments (the nature of which will be based on available opportunities and demonstrated performance in the current role)
- Excellent writing skills. Demonstrated ability and enjoyment of writing in English (native), Italian and/or German
- Clear communication style in both written and interpersonal interaction
- Intellectually curious, demonstrated enthusiasm for the financial markets and investment management
- Demonstrated experience with an established asset manager
- Demonstrated experience with RFP/documentation completion
- Knowledge of fixed income highly desirable; and/or background in macroeconomics
- Preferred completion of advanced degree from a leading business school or university
- Ethical, collaborative, organised, self-starter - someone willing to be accountable and possessing the ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel (pivot tables, basic macros, etc.) - reasonable PowerPoint proficiency is useful
- Demonstrate the ability to work within tight deadlines while maintaining a high standard of work product