Partner, Best-in-Class European Impact Investing Fund, Munich, Germany
We are supporting an ambitious new impact investment firm in their plan to extend their team into the DACH market with a new partner hire. The firm is founded by one of the pioneers of European private equity and has the cornerstone support of a major global institution in the ESG / responsible investing field.
The substantial first fund closing has already been achieved with further commitments expected within the next quarter. This team marries a world class active ownership approach with genuine thought leadership in sustainability, seeking to measure and manage impact in delivering a more sustainable world and generate superior returns across economic cycles. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As Partner in the firm, contribute to ongoing strategic planning, leadership and investor relations, guiding the team and the business as it develops
- Target growing businesses that already do or can contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and management teams open to ambitious active ownership; the firm is sector agnostic, and focused on businesses that can contribute to a societal challenge and deliver attractive financial returns
- Lead investment analysis, diligence, structuring and negotiations through to closing
- Drive the active ownership approach into portfolio value creation, measuring and managing both financial and sustainable impacts and returns for "Profit + Purpose"
- Top flight private equity track record as deal leader
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- A clear cultural alignment with the values and objectives of the firm and a demonstrable commitment to impact investing
- An international perspective, with native German, fluent English and exposure to intercultural working
- Entrepreneurial ambition to build a new world leader