The firm is seeking a Marketing Associate to join the Munich Marketing team to help manage the translation and development of local language marketing collateral. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President, Channel Marketing Manager Germany, Austria and Eastern Europe and will work closely with multiple internal stakeholders, including the central EMEA Marketing team based in London and global marketing team, as well as managing external vendors. This role is a 6-month part-time 50% contract position based in Munich.
- Assume primary responsibility for reviewing & editing German translations for all marketing collateral including thought leadership, website, emails, videos and brochures across various marketing platforms.
- Coordinate with compliance to ensure all materials produced are fully compliant with regulations.
- Provide events marketing support for PIMCO and external industry conferences to enforce the protocols on brand and messaging governance to ensure the deliverables are on brand and messaging is aligned.
- Assisting with various marketing projects and activities around delivering and developing marketing programs to support our business as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or business related disciplines
- Professional qualification in finance is a plus
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and German (native)
- Deep understanding of financial markets with 2 to 4 years’ industry experience in wholesale marketing / institutional marketing in the asset management industry in Germany
- Minimum of 1 year of marketing experience within the financial services industry
- Strong written and editing skills in the financial sector
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and communicate information effectively in writing
- Experience in managing and reviewing translations, multiple suppliers and production house
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Demonstrate above average interpersonal communications
- Have a client-focused orientation; knows who the internal and external clients are
- Actively listen and ask questions to determine and meet customer needs
- Demonstrate proficiency with technological tools
- Focus on specific goals, and demonstrate a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results
- Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed/required
- Ability to learn, understand, and adapt evolving digital marketing technologies and tactics
- Ability to negotiate and work effectively as a manager across business channels and external vendors
In addition to displaying a strong commitment to PIMCO’s culture, values and approach, personal characteristics for this role include:
- Work effectively independently and as a team player within local team and wider organization with an equally entrepreneurial spirit
- Flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate
- Maintaining a strong commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensuring that the work product is delivered completed, accurately, and on time
- Self-motivated, excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Putting high value in working in collaboration as a team to find common goals for the business and the firm.
- Resilience and flexibility to work in a small regional team yet with many global stakeholders