Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries,Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
Generali Vitality GmbH offers a wellness product, which supports our customers to motivate themselves to life healthier. Vitality will cover all European countries (excl.UK) where we operate, with initial focus on Germany, France, Austria, other countries (including CEE) will follow later based on proper assessment.
The COO unit is in charge for IT, Operations and Project Management. IT and customer services are outsourced to internal Generali Group and external service providers. The unit steers, coordinates and supervise all service providers ensuring project delivery for new implementations of Vitality, and excellent service levels for business as usual activities. Within this unit the project managers are in charge of the full scope of delivery (across all business and IT work-streams) of the Vitality Programme.
The Junior PMO will work together with the Senior Programme manager and will support the project implementation, coordinate the contribution of the Generali Vitality work streams and countries teams, ensuring that deadlines are met and that these are consistent with expectations.She/he will be responsible for creating and updating the project plan and monitoring the progress of all the required deliverables.
She/he must also ensure that the operational issues of the project are reported timely, escalated and managed accordingly to the project governance in place.
In terms of relationships she/he will need the ability to develop and successfully leverage internal and external relationships on an international basis at all levels, in particular:
- Central streams
- Business unit leaders, experts & PMO
- Discovery functional experts & PMO
- Additional Generali Group experts
- Other Service Providers
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- 3+ years of working experience in European insurance industry or other financial institutions, with excellent track record and strong references
- Good knowledge of project management tools & practices
- Basic understanding of products, marketing, systems & operations, and finance
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of German OR French OR Spanish will be a plus
- Previous experience in working for complex and innovative projects
- Worked in more than one country
- Market knowledge of health and protection business in Germany and/or France and/or Austria and/or Italy and/or Spain
- Advanced soft skills and capacity of interaction with people
- Ability to deliver high quality results in a high pace/high pressure environment