Junior IT Architect
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries,Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
Generali Vitality GmbH offers a wellness product, which supports our customers to motivate themselves to life healthier. Vitality will cover all European countries (excl.UK) where we operate, with initial focus on Germany, France, Austria, other countries (including CEE) will follow later based on proper assessment.
The COO unit is in charge for IT, Operations and Project Management. IT and customer services are outsourced to internal Generali Group and external service providers. The unit steers, coordinates and supervise all service providers ensuring project delivery for new implementations of Vitality, and excellent service levels for business as usual activities. Within this unit the project managers are in charge of the full scope of delivery (across all business and IT work-streams) of the Vitality Programme.
Generali Vitality is fundamentally customer centric in the delivery of its digital programme – a programme which is built upon the relationships with, and contributions from, its partners.
The Junior IT Architect, together with the Senior IT Architect, will be responsible for the software lifecycle of the full software stack required to drive the Generali Vitality programme. Specifically, she / he will:
- Work with the business stakeholders and business analysts to develop a strong understanding of current and future business processes and goals – identify and define needed business capabilities and constraints
- Work towards making the right technology choices to deliver those business capabilities, both at a system level and at an architectural level across systems – develop and implement the needed technical roadmap
- Work to implement those technology choices from proposal, to technical implementation, and through to business migration/adoption – understanding the fundamentals of project and programme management in a digital environment to deliver such a roadmap
- Overall, develop a strong understanding of the interactions and goals present in a digitally based programme - at the business, technology and people levels - reaching the ability to act as a consultant and trusted partner to team members and other stakeholders
- Past experiences which have developed a strong customer journey understanding, through most area of the customer lifecycle from product awareness through to operations and support
- Digital Native with experience in delivering customer-centric solutions online (web and/or app), both in terms of customer touchpoints and underlying business processes to deliver such touchpoints
- Familiar with digital technologies and techniques needed to deliver customer centric solutions – happy to understand the technology’s purpose, potential and value without having to be a big data scientist or rock-star coder
- Visually driven – sketches their ideas, facilitates with a whiteboard, paints a vision etc.
- Be a great teammate and partner – believes in helping and supporting each other across hierarchies, organizations and companies, and enjoys the diversity in perspective and background of her/his teammates
- Academically – college level education and bonus points if there is evidence of some digital, engineering, numeric skills which demonstrate practical, structured thinking towards problem solving.
- Ability to deliver high quality results in a high pace/ high pressure environment
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Spanish, French OR Italian
- Previous experience in working for complex, international environment
- Worked in more than one country.