Investment Manager, Leading European Private Equity Firm, Munich, Germany
Our client is an independent European private equity firm with a strong reputation in mid-market buyouts. Owned by its partners and with a diverse investor pool, the organization has approximately 50 employees based in five locations in Europe, and has completed more than 100 buyouts across the region. It is seeking an investment manager with strong analytical capabilities to play an active role in the investment and deal process, and to represent the firm to a high standard at all times. The role is based in the firm's Munich office. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deploying excellent analytical skills to evaluate potential investments, including the identification and assessment of key risks and opportunities.
- Driving internal discussions on investment opportunities. Once a decision is reached, keeping stakeholders informed in a timely and articulate manner.
- Leading key aspects of a deal, such as financial analysis and modelling, commercial analysis and due diligence.
- Developing a strong network externally to the firm (including intermediaries, banks and entrepreneurs) and within it.
- Active in developing new learning opportunities and sharing knowledge across the team.
- Suggesting and implementing new ideas for best practice, gleaned from insight and experience.
- Constructively mentoring associates and analysts as appropriate.
- Experience in a relevant field (e.g. investment banking, accountancy, consultancy) plus experience of a private equity environment.
- Comfortable and experienced with in-depth research, financial analysis and modelling in an investment context. Commercially aware: able to form conclusions from data and make recommendations.
- Comfortable with operating in a diverse team.
- Driven and determined: continually seeking out learning opportunities and chances for progression.
- Able to inspire trust and confidence. Treats people internally and externally with respect and solves issues constructively.
- Degree educated and may also have a post-graduate qualification.
- Fluent in German and English both written and spoken.