Institutional Client Service Management, Associate (Munich)
- Munich, Bayern, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Dec 17 2017-12-13
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit our careers website: https://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/careers
The Client Service Management (CSM) team works with the BlackRock client businesses to ensure that the service needs of our clients are understood and aligned with the service delivery teams across BlackRock. The team does this through close partnership with sales colleagues and directly with clients and their outsourced service providers.
In addition, the team is responsible for ensuring that BlackRock’s service offering continues to evolve in line with industry and client trends and to position BlackRock as the class leader in service excellence.
The team is also expected to provide specialist consultancy on operational service matters, both internally and with clients, and to act as a key expert in the client solution sales and implementation process.
- Own the overall operational client service experience in partnership with the Client Businesses throughout the client lifecycle and develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders within BlackRock to assist the firm in effectively meeting clients’ service needs.
- Facilitate diagnosis of complex client service issues, identify trends that point to service deficiencies and own resolution, working with the appropriate internal and external delivery teams to ensure timely and accurate response.
- Own and evolve the core service offering and drive continuous improvement both internally and with external service providers such as custodian banks, depositary banks, fund administrators and platforms.
- Represent the client intent where necessary for change events and implementation of new solutions, including facilitating the handling of client requests for bespoke services and ensuring that any solutions effectively balance the needs of the client with those of the firm.
- Focus on sustaining the highest level of client service, while demonstrating risk awareness and a strong focus on an appropriate service delivery control framework.
- Assist relationship managers in leveraging service delivery functions effectively and appropriately to increase client service quality.
- Champion awareness and knowledge sharing of client service functions with the client businesses.
- Build and constantly develop knowledge of BlackRock’s service delivery framework, products and capabilities, remaining current on industry and market developments as well as major activities, challenges and successes within BlackRock.
- First-hand experience of the KVG- External Asset Manager model (from either side).
- Relevant experience in the investment management industry with exposure to a variety of operational and client service functions.
- Technical understanding across service functions, together with a strong understanding of the end-to-end client life-cycles.
- Experience in dealing with clients and associated service risk matters.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrate teamwork and initiative.
- Ability to develop strong collaborative working relationships with key client business and service delivery stakeholders.
- Ability to work proactively with others to resolve and escalate issues appropriately.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with high self-assurance, energy and drive.
- Fluency in both German and English.
- Change management experience.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and is willing to take on additional responsibility quickly
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and get involved in the detail of service issues