Who we are looking for
State Street Bank International GmbH (SSBI) is looking for an Auditor, Officer for the support of our Corporate Audit Department with a focus on IT, who will be responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of SSBI and State Street overall. You will interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the bank's daily operations and Governance Processes.
In this role you will be a subject matter specialist and internal controls expert s , providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas, in particular , related to managing and performing audits covering IT governance, systems infrastructure, information security, application controls, operational and oversight monitoring activities. You will be a problem-solving partner, looking ahead to help management envision future risks and opportunities. The role can be based in Frankfurt or Munich, Germany . You will be assigned to audit projects related to the SSBI headquarters and its branches including, but not limited to, the SSBI Frankfurt.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
SSBI is a 100% subsidiary of the State Street Corporation. Our Headquarter is based in Munich with offices in Frankfurt, Zurich, Vienna, Milan, Luxembourg, Amsterdam, Paris, Krakow and Gdansk. We are offer ing investment services to institutional clients encompassing investment servicing, investment research and trading, and investment management. The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. In Europe and across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need you and teams like yours to help navigate the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As an IT Auditor, Officer you will:
What we value
- Successfully participate in the planning, execution and completion of audits following a risk based methodology in line with Division and Industry Standards as well as regulatory requirements, support recommendations for internal control improvements and preparation of audit reports providing clear messages on key risks and key audit issues.
- Participate in the planning, assessment, testing and reporting phases of audits covering IT governance, systems infrastructure, information security, application controls, and operational activities.
- Perform independent and objective assessments of risks and controls to improve risk management practices and assess controls for compliance with laws, regulations, company policies and business needs.
- Prepare or review documentation of audit work in adherence with the division's risk-based audit methodology and industry standards
- Establish strong relationships within the Corporate Audit function.
- Develop a good understanding and knowledge base of the company's operations and establish effective business relationships within the company
- Gain and apply a thorough understanding of audits and assigned functions, including utilization of technology and active usage of Data Analytics.
- Demonstrate, maintain and expand your knowledge of financial and operational internal control methodologies and terminologies (e.g. COSO, COBIT ), process and control industry standards, audit industry best practices and regulatory expectations, risk management practices and techniques as well as supervisory regulatory requirements such as European Central Bank (ECB) and BaFin.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education, Experience & Preferred Qualifications
- A high degree of professionalism, professional curiosity and skepticism, organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently in an international team across multiple locations with global stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of the European regulatory environment applicable to financial institutions and proven ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory requirements.
- Fluency in English - written and spoken. Good German level is highly appreciated
- University degree in economics, Information Technology, business administration or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in auditing technology-related areas such as e.g. Enterprise security control frameworks, IT incident and problem management, Automated business process controls, IT Resilience and Disaster Recovery, Identity and Access Management / Privileged Access Management/Adaptive Authentication Solutions, change management, Perimeter/Internal Security Technologies (Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems)
- Interest in obtaining or already holding industry-recognized certifications (e.g. CISA, CISSP, CISM, etc.).
What we offer
- Willingness to travel, mostly within Europe.
Wide range of benefits, including:
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Hybrid work arrangement and flexible working time
- 37,5 working hours per week
- 30 days of annual leave + 1 additional Birthday Day Off
- Regular performance reviews and structured performance management
- Participation in annual bonus program
- Pension plan offering
- Wellbeing & health programs (anonymous Employee Assistance Program, PME Family Service, trainings)
- Group accident insurance
- Mentoring program
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web based training catalogue
- Free German and English language classes
- Dynamic, international and multicultural working environment
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers