The Alternative Investment Fund Analyst works as a sourcing and fund advisory expert under the guidance of the Head of Advisory. The advisory group provides our clients, across leading infrastructure equity and debt, private equity and debt, real estate and renewable energy managers with advisory services. Our advisory group performs manager due diligence, manager evaluation, research, analysis, reviews of investor allocations concerning various asset classes. The advisory expert is advising clients how to improve fund documentation and marketing presentations to make sure that our selected managers can be represented and marketed in the best way to the global leading investors.
DC Placement Advisors is a leading global placement agent and advisory firm with an emphasis on core European markets, South Korea, the Middle East, Japan and Australia dedicated to supporting alternative fund managers in raising capital from top-tier institutional investors.
Founded in 2008 and with offices in Germany, United Kingdom, Switzerland and Australia, the company is perfectly positioned to raise institutional capital on an international scale across alternative asset classes spanning from infrastructure, private equity and renewable energy to real estate and private debt - currently 5.5bn EUR. A thorough understanding of the institutional mindset, our vast industry recognition and established, long-term relationships with key institutional investors have given DC Placement Advisors a distinctive advantage in the rapid closure of new assignments. We are renowned for our outstanding investor mapping capabilities and market insight, with a streamlined business approach and a focus on execution efficiency.
Among other awards, in September 2019 DC Placement Advisors Chief Executive Nina Dohr-Pawlowitz has been selected for the debut Rainmaker 20 list of PEI’s Infrastructure Investor.
DC Placement Advisors (DCPLA) operates 3 business lines:
Fund Marketing & Distribution – DCPLA assists private market firms in raising capital for alternative investments and advises on all the stages and areas of the fundraising process including strategy, structuring, documentation, investor roadshows, investor due diligence and closings.
Strategic Advisory Services – DCPLA advises investment managers on fund positioning, fund structuring, marketing preparation, investor mapping and market testing.
Investor Communications – DCPLA advises its clients on all aspects of strategic communications with their existing or potential/target investor base.
We are looking ASAP for a qualified VP for the position of a Fund Advisory Expert/Fund Analyst, to be based in the head office Munich:
The Alternative Investment Fund Analyst works as a sourcing and fund advisory expert under the guidance of the Head of Advisory. The advisory group provides our clients, across leading infrastructure equity and debt, private equity and debt, real estate and renewable energy managers with advisory services. Our advisory group performs manager due diligence, manager evaluation, research, analysis, reviews of investor allocations and studies concerning various asset classes. The advisory expert is advising clients how to improve fund documentation and marketing presentations to make sure that our selected managers can be represented and marketed in the best way to the global leading pension plans, insurance companies, asset managers, investment consultants and family offices.
- Review and analyze investor allocation programs and developments in various alternative asset classes
- Supporting the sourcing of new mandates in relevant asset classes
- Operating as a fund advisory expert and advising our clients. Coordinate as a project managers all necessary steps
- Conduct due diligence on fund managers and their strategies throughout Europe and the US (complete qualitative and quantitative evaluation)
- Analysis of manager track record, fund key terms and conditions
- Preparation of benchmarking analysis and competitor analysis
- Assist fund structuring processes
- Assist in the preparation of marketing and due diligence materials
- Assist in setting up, administrating and monitoring data rooms and related documentation (subscription packs etc)
- Co-ordinate, manage and review the work produced by analysts and interns
- Liaise with the distribution team and our clients (the GPs or fund managers)
- Coordinate between distribution team and fund managers throughout fundraising process
- Respond to inquiries from the marketing & sales group on investment topics and products, providing feedback on existing marketing material
QUALIFICATIONS, DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5-7 years work experience in the alternative investment industry as a consultant, fund analyst or investment manager in the fund-of-funds industry strongly preferred
- Proven understanding of evaluating alternative investment funds for the institutional sector
- Excellent analytical & quantitative skills and detail orientation
- Ability to work effectively and meet deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in a team environment as part of a deal team and independently, as necessary
- High ability to manage multiple projects and teams
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively (proposals offer letters, investor presentation, pitchbooks, teasers etc..)
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Master degree is required from an accredited college or university with preference given to finance degrees; CAIA, CFA I-III or other appropriate designations would be a strong bonus
- Must be able to demonstrate a great knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office products (great experience in Excel and PowerPoint is a must)
- Excellent command in German (native!) and business English in speaking and writing is a must, other languages are a plus
- Positive work environment in a fast growing placement agent and advisory boutique firm
- Very good work-life balance
- Competitive package with recognition for hard work
- Excellent career paths
- International team environment, we speak collectively 15 different languages
- Outstanding quality of living (Munich is #2 in 2019 Quality of living worldwide city rankings – The World Economic Forum)
Please send full application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of your achievements) to emarch(at)dcpla.com (Mrs. Eva March, Managing Director). Please, state your salary expectations and your desired or earliest entry date. For questions, please call or write to Eva March at +49 89 90 77 46 99 14.