Director, New Venture Arm for a Entrepreneurial Investor, Munich, Germany
Our client is a successful real estate entrepreneur looking to broaden his portfolio of investments into early-stage investments around Urban Tech: Real Estate Tech, Infrastructure and ESG.
The family office has developed a strategy and structure to deliver this and is already seeing the meaningful deal flow. They are actively deploying capital but now wish to accelerate this move and therefore recruit an experienced investor at Director level. The new Director will support the owner and a recently hired new partner in developing and growing this part of the business.
The new team member should bring a record of success in direct VC investments, an active network of investors, advisers and founders. A naturally entrepreneurial mindset, flexibility and eagerness to build something new together with colleagues in this dynamic environment are a must. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sourcing, analysis of deal flow, management of due diligence, structuring / financing, negotiations and execution end to end
- Active monitoring of portfolio companies
- Creation of value creation initiatives to optimise the portfolios through to exit
- Strategic development of the business and the wider group in close cooperation with the owner
- An experienced mid-level direct investor with experience gained in a venture capital environment
- Ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial owner-managed culture and readiness to drive new business development and secure attractive investment opportunities
- Outstanding commercial judgement, the ability to build trusted relationships with owners and managers
- Strong drive, self-motivation and eagerness to learn
- Native German and fluent English skills are a must