The Desktop Support Administrator role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, terminals, printers and scanners) to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Job Title: DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEER
Location: Munich, Germany
Other Open Locations: Berlin, Hannover, Koln, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart, Halle
Language Proficiency: Required German Fluency
Contract: 1 Year
Desktop Support – Technical Skills – Complete understanding of Asset Management.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot, Windows 7, Windows 10, other OS and Microsoft Office 2013
- and any other authorized desktop applications
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any
- other authorized peripheral equipment
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers
- and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Performs remedial repairs on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized
- Customize desktop hardware to meet user specifications and site standards
- Performs work in compliance within specified warranty requirements
- Returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer
- repairs, maintains and restocks assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts
- Safely package equipment for branches and arrange for the transport of the
- On-site support and support for Remote sites and work-from-home computing
- Diagnosing, verifying, recording and reporting downtime and providing immediate notification for all incidents
- Emergency recovery maintenance for Desktops
- Diagnosing & troubleshooting virus problems that can be fixed using antivirus tool deployed
- Re-installation of the anti-virus packages corrupted or deleted by the users
- Day to day troubleshooting activities
- Help in upgrade the version of Mailing software
- Support of infrastructure servers (Active Directory, Domain Controllers, File & Print)
- Asset lifecycle management, asset tracking, and end-of-life services.
- Perform asset management activities to ensure hardware is properly assigned to the end users
- Vendor Management (Wherever applicable).
- Incident, Problem, and Change Management within the EUC environment.
- Ability to Evaluate and test new technology for feasibility and implementation within EUC Environment
- Provide technical assistance and training to end users on computer operating systems and standard applications.
- Provide Smart Hands support to perform basic technology management tasks that require on-site presence under instruction from such other support groups. IMACDs, Equipment changes, reboots and power cycles. Local servers, BIOS Updates, Local storage appliances
- Parts replacement for existing servers resulting out of hardware failure.
- Racking / Stacking / lifting & Shifting of the server’s hardware for replacement of existing servers as a part of break fix.
- Manual servers Firmware upgrades in case of incompatibility with OS as a part of break fix only when supported
- Provide escort & assistance to vendor
- Tracing and Troubleshooting of Cables & Patch Panels (for Network, Storage, Power)