The Global Credit Solutions team specializes in credit risk underwriting for global banks. Your role as credit analyst is supporting the team by conducting risk analyses of banks and sovereigns from emerging markets in particular, as well as assessing complex financing transactions in the field of export trade finance, and making the necessary preparations for independent credit decisions.
- Independently analyzing the creditworthiness of banks and evaluating complex financing structures in the field of export trade finance
- Determining maximum risk appetite for individual banks and banking sectors on country level
- Assessing country risks in the context of (project) financing transactions of sovereigns, and underwriting political risks
- Preparing internal credit applications with informative recommendations and independent justification of decisions for internal stakeholders as well as clients
- Conscientiously monitoring the existing bank portfolio with a global scope; identifying significant risks at an early stage and initiating appropriate risk-control measures
- Developing and enhancing existing tools and credit risk management systems
- Cooperating closely within deal teams, and being directly involved in client contact
- Assisting the examination and development of strategic growth initiatives and new business opportunities
- A university degree, preferably in business or economics, or equivalent training (banking traineeship followed by relevant further education)
- Several years’ professional experience in credit analysis of banks (preferably in emerging markets)
- Relevant product knowledge in export trade finance and financing transactions of banks
- Good knowledge of country risk analysis and keen interest in economic, political, and regulatory topics;
- In-depth knowledge of credit risk management in banks, including development finance/multilateral institutions
- Advanced skills in Excel and data analysis
- Team spirit, initiative, ability to work independently, solution-oriented mindset
- Confident manner, excellent social skills, particularly when interacting with colleagues and clients
- Business-level English required; additional foreign-language skills are an advantage
Munich Re is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. We are working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. We find solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise our clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you. Please click on the link to apply online.
Make it happen.
Apply now! Apply now!
Astrit von Minckwitz • Senior HR Consultant
Königinstraße 107 • 80802 München • GERMANY
* Munich Re not only stands for fairness with regard to its clients; it is also an equal opportunities employer. Severely disabled candidates will also be prioritized, if equally qualified.