Business solutions and support engineer
- competitive salaries
- Munich, Bayern, Germany
- Temporary, Full time
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
Integration and support of third party business tools and applications used in the asset management industry.
Business solutions and support engineer (Administrator
Publication date: 11.12.2017
Closing date: 11.01.2018
The European Patent Office (EPO) is the second-largest intergovernmental organisation in Europe, employing almost 7 000 staff from over 30 countries. The EPO strives to support innovation and promote a knowledge-based society in Europe. Its mission is to secure the highest quality standards in patenting.
The Reserve Funds for Pensions and Social Security (RFPSS) are a special class of asset which lend support to the EPO's pension and social security schemes by providing the appropriate reserves. Assets under management amounted to around EUR 7.7bn as at 30 June 2017. The assets, which are invested in a broad range of asset classes (domestic government bonds, domestic corporate bonds, foreign bonds, emerging-market bonds, domestic equity, foreign equity, emerging-market equity, real estate, commodities and cash), are managed internally, both by means of direct investment and by using third-party investment vehicles.
The RFPSS Administration, led by the Fund Administrator, is composed of some 17 staff members working together in a number of operational units, namely Portfolio Management, Investment Analytics and Risk and Process Management, Accounting and Internal Control, and Administration and Operations.
The Fund Administrator is currently looking for an individual with experience in the support and development of a wide range of technical and operational processes throughout the investment management cycle. The successful candidate will work in the Investment Analytics and Risk and Process Management unit and will report to its head of department.
- Integration and support of third party business tools and applications used in the asset management industry. Said tools and applications are currently partially delivered through a Citrix XenApp infrastructure.
- Maintenance and development of in-house software and asset management tools for portfolio and benchmark analytics, performance measurement, reporting, data integration including interfaces to standard market data delivery platforms (e.g. Bloomberg Data License)
- Within the above framework, duties will include application management, support for business processes, testing, change management, documentation as well as co-operation with external service suppliers and other internal departments.
Ideal candidate profile
- Solid working experience in the investment management industry in the following functional areas: implementations, development, testing, maintenance, documentation and support of applications and tools used in the asset management industry from front to back office
- Profound understanding of investment management processes and solutions including trade processes and middle- and back-office workflows
- Advanced programming knowledge in MATLAB and its object-oriented functionalities, proficiency in standard reporting systems (e.g. Crystal Reports, SSRS)
- Strong experience in database management systems including MS SQL Server and SQL
- Knowledge of development environments such as VBA, Java, .NET Framework are an advantage
- Strong analytical skills, service focus, flexibility and proven ability to work efficiently, prioritise workflow and meet demanding deadlines
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, a natural bias for action and team-driven work, and a capacity for goal-oriented problem-solving
- Very good command of English.
- Diploma of completed university studies at master's level in a relevant field (e.g. engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics) or ‑ in exceptional cases ‑ equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent knowledge of one official language (English, French or German) and ability to understand the other two.
- Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation.
Salary and benefits
The EPO offers competitive salaries, an excellent social package, and varied work in a modern international environment. The net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy ranges from EUR 5 317 to 7 530 depending on experience. In addition, depending on their personal circumstances, EPO staff may be entitled to relocation benefits and various allowances (e.g. household, dependants', childcare, education, expatriation, installation, rent and language allowance).
Process and timeline
The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications and relevant experience, supplemented as appropriate by interviews, tests and/or a personality questionnaire.
It is intended to hold the interviews in calendar week 05 2018 in Munich.
The EPO is an equal opportunities employer and supports workforce diversity as a signatory to the Diversity Charter (Charta der Vielfalt) since 2010.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the professional merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.
* After deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes.
Apply online via the 'Apply' button.