- Munich, Bayern, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Forum Family Office
FORUM Family Office invests the wealth of a German family based on the principles of Value Investing as pioneered by Benjamin Graham and Warren Buffett. At the core of our investment policy is a concentrated portfolio with 10-12 companies for which we have developed deep conviction. Our competitive edge is based on a very thorough analysis involving extensive field research (interviews) and a discussion culture based on facts – not opinions. This requires fully dedicated professionals with the highest standards for work ethos. Our historical TSR has been 15% p.a.
We are currently looking for an
Associate Value Investing
Your key tasks will be:
- screening your investment universe - mostly a region - for idea generation
- arranging visits to management of interesting companies and documenting these visits with some additional research
- due diligence, doing in-depth analysis of promising investment candidates with significant field work/interviews
- monitoring our existing investments in the sector
You will participate in all discussions with the team and be fully involved in the decision-making process.
We look for the following Qualifications:
- Business Sense, in particular the ability to assess how businesses will perform in the mid- and long-term
- Financial Intelligence (“FinIQ”) i.e. the ability to detect ways to make money in a wealth of numbers and unstructured information
- Understanding People, their personalities, how they will respond to their incentives and what you should realistically expect of them
- High Standards of Work Ethos. Please refer to the White Paper on our website http://www.forumgruppe.de/en/jobs-offene-stellen/work-ethics2.html
You should have shaped these skills by 3 - 8 years of work experience in the investment industry, preferably with an A-company and/or a demonstrable track record. It would be useful if you were familiar with the principles of value investing. In addition to English you should be fluent in another European language.
We offer you the opportunity to be part of a professional team committed to value investing. We have no hierarchy, thus you have the opportunity to make an impact if you have a good idea, supported by convincing analysis and high FinIQ. Your application should be accompanied by a cover letter addressing our requirements as outlined above. Please address your application to email@example.com, attention Eva Wunderer.