Associate, Established Early-Stage Investor, Launching Global Impact Fund, Munich, Germany
Our client is an ambitious early-stage investor with a strong record over many years, challenging the limitations of traditional firms with their flexible evergreen fund structure. They invest globally into Seed to Series A/B rounds, with tickets of up to €3m and support their portfolio with active board participation.
They are currently raising a side vehicle dedicated to impact strategies and target €50m for this in the course of 2022. The fund will focus on technologies that address environmental and societal justice issues, such as EdTech, CleanTech, ClimateTech, AgTech, and Sustainable Finance. Led by 2 Principals who have already executed the first 3 investments, the team plans to hire one, possibly two Associates.
They are looking for a hands-on personality who wants to take the next step in their career. With the support of senior team members, you will identify investment opportunities, work on investment execution (supporting commercial & financial due diligence, preparing investment memos) as well as working with portfolio companies RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Involvement in all aspects of the deal cycle, with specific responsibility for financial analysis and due diligence
- Preparing Investment & Board committee materials, and ongoing reporting of portfolio performance
- Supporting the strategic development and value creation of portfolio companies
- Outstanding academic track record
- Previous experience in consulting, investment or technology related role (prior venture capital or start-up experience is a plus)
- Passion for innovation and technology coupled with a deep understanding of fast-moving tech trends
- Proactive attitude, ability to work independently and manage different projects simultaneously
- Native German and fluency in English, other languages an asset