Regulatory Reporting Manager
About the opportunity About Finance
Group Finance, headed by the Group CFO, is responsible for the financial accounting for Fidelity's global entities as well as providing management information, monitoring financial controls and ensuring compliance with the financial regulations of the local regulators. The Finance function is spread across a number of different locations, including the UK, Sydney and Bermuda. Our vision is to be a trusted, knowledgeable, pro-active and commercial business partner, whilst delivering effective and efficient financial control, decision support and risk management.
The Continental Europe Finance teams are based in Luxembourg and Kronberg and are supported by shared services based in other locations.Within Germany the team consists of a regulatory reporting team, supporting the requirements of FIL Fondsbank, a financial accounting team and a business finance team. Purpose of your role
FIL Fondsbank GmbH is an integral part of Fidelity's German business as it provides platform services to financial advisors. The regulatory reporting team, which is part of the local Finance function, is responsible for all aspects of the corporate regulatory reporting of FIL Fondsbank, which includes regular monthly and quarterly submissions. Reporting to the Head of Regulatory Reporting, you will support the day-to-day operations of the regulatory reporting framework as well as supporting all activities and tasks in this area. Your key accountabilities
About you Your skills and experience
- Developing a good understanding of the banks business model and the key factors influencing the regulatory reporting environment
- Supporting the timely preparation of banking statistics and regulatory reports, including the necessary reconciliations and cross-checks
- Support of testing and documentation for new releases according to the regulatory reporting tool
- Updating working instructions
- Support of projects, for example the implementation of regulatory, system technology or product changes
- Cooperation with other internal stakeholders, such as Financial Accounting, Compliance, Risk Management, Internal Audit or Operations
About Fidelity International
- Experience of regulatory reporting in the banking, financial services or auditing environment
- Knowledge of German regulatory reporting rules (KWG, HGB, GmbHG) and EBA COREP requirements
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting systems (ABACUS)
- An understanding of accounting in accordance with German GAAP, including its impact on the reporting system is an advantage
- Strong PC skills, especially Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a customer focused approach
- A team player, who will be able to work within the overall culture and fit with its entrepreneurial but collaborative style
- Dedicated to accuracy and quality, with attention to detail
- Self-motivated, proactive, organised and able to use initiative and prioritise in a multi-task environment
- Fluent spoken and written English and German
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.