Founding Partner | Search & Recruitment | Repositioning Talent
Family Owned International Energy Company that provides its customers with innovative energy solutions for their transportation, heating and industrial needs. Operating in supply, trading, storage & logistics, B2B sales and retail petrol station activities across Europe. In addition it has trading presence in the US and APAC. Proactively engaging in the energy transition and actively involved in low-carbon solutions like biofuels, e-fuels and e-mobility.
As part of a recent review of the company’s strategy, they have defined three strategic priorities:
- Maximize value extraction from the exsisting business portfolio and supply system
- Grow (end)customer presence in transportation, heating and industrial segments
- Build low-carbon businesses and innovative new offerings
In line with these priorities, a new organisation structure that centers around three business units;
- BU Supply, Trading and Infrastructure,
- BU Marketing and
- BU New Energy, Chemicals and Gas,
has been implemented on 1 January 2021. An ambitious plan to implement the new strategy is being developed and will be executed over the upcoming years
This Family Owned International Energy Company has a unique combination of dedicated professionals, leading market positions, a strong balance sheet, a truly entrepreneurial mindset and short decision lines, which makes them an exciting and challenging place to work.
Business Unit Marketing
All customer facing activities are combined into Business Unit Marketing. It comprises of more than 50 businesses in eight countries and is primarily active in fuel retailing, truck refuelling, aviation fuels, marine fuels, home heating oils, industrial fuels, wholesale fuels, bitumen, lubricants and e-mobility. Being responsible for managing the customer interface in a rapidly changing industry, BU Marketing will play a central role in the realization of it`s overall strategy.
A new, customer led, sales and marketing strategy that will guide the business unit through the energy transition, is currently being defined.
Purpose of the Role
As new member of the BU Marketing leadership team, the ‘Senior Manager Marketing Strategy & Development’ which we are looking to attract, will play a key role in driving the business unit’s financial performance, optimising the current business portfolio as well as shaping the strategy for an active engagement in the energy transition.
Acting as the engine of transformation, he/she challenges current thinking and collaborates with the BU Head and other business leaders. He/she provides strategic, business and operational direction in order to drive profitable growth of the current business portfolio and to create new sustainably competitive businesses, products and services.
Dimensions BU Marketing
The Senior Manager Marketing Strategy & Development has an influence on the realization of the following BU business targets (to be disclosed during our dialogue and genuine interest has been shown):
Total Sales Volume
Total Controllable Costs
8 (DE, UK, SE, DK, NO, AT, CH, HU)
- Lead strategic reviews for the Business Unit as well as individual businesses, customer segments and/or geographies
- Drive and oversee the implementation of business strategies, portfolio changes as well as strategic business initiatives
- Ensure full transparency of financial performance for business unit and individual businesses, as basis for active performance management
- Constructively challenge the status quo and actively develop new ideas and initiatives that increase the value derived from BU Marketing & it’s businesses along the end-to-end value chain
- Identify best practises, both internally and externally, and transfer them across the organisation
- On an ongoing basis analyse competitor strategies and behaviours with the aim to develop insights that can be used in the further optimisation of current and future operations
- Drive the development of new -low-carbon- products and services in close cooperation with the other business units
- Identify and create digital transformation initiatives which result in innovative solutions, which position the company (further) ahead of its competition and drive further value creation
- Play an active leadership role in the BU Marketing leadership team and make contributions to the development and implementation of the BU Marketing as well as the overall strategy
- Develop and sustain close relationships with key stakeholders and senior counterparties in the industry and relevant authorities
- Minimum 8 years experience strategy, consulting or business development, preferably in an international B2B environment
- Proven track record of defining and implementing business strategies across complex organisations
- Demonstrated experience in designing and executing business transformation, including cultural and organizational change processes
- Hands on experience in strategic partnership negotiations and M&A
- Proven track record of delivery through others in an international environment
Seen as a plus:
- Experience in the energy industry, preferably downstream oil and/or renewables
- Experience in development and execution of digital initiatives seen as a plus
- Education at academic level
- Strong analytical mind with the ability to analyse complex problems and quickly get to heart of topics/issues
- Strong financial and instinctive business acumen and deep understanding of profitability drivers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with natural gravitas towards teamwork
- Engaging and inspiring leadership style to effectively drive transformational change and build alignment across the organization
- Strong sense of ownership and a “get ting things done” attitude
- Intuitive focus to identify and realize continuous improvements
- Confidence and maturity necessary to work effectively with the senior business leaders
- Fluent in English, German seen as an advantage
We look forward to your application.
The Greifenberg Team