Senior Financial Accountant (IFRS,LBA) (m/f) | Hamburg
- Hamburg, Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Kreditech Holding SSL GmbH
- 07 Feb 18 2018-02-07
Join the financial revolution! Are you passionate about business development and want to make a real change? Join Kreditech and our team of over 300 professionals and become part of a transforming industry. From engineering, to design, to analytics, and collections, we do things differently and we reward great ideas, team work and persistence. We have a lot of work to do – and we want you to join us!
- You will support further development of the existing IFRS/IAS loan book accounting at Kreditech, including further refining the existing accounting policies, accounting manuals, specification of automated booking process;
- Take part in the design the new IFRS-9 based operating model, including portfolio classifications, impairment calculations, disclosures, etc. and provide interpretation on all aspects of the IFRS 9 standard;
- Responsible for month-end and year-end closing process in LBA, including monthly SPV report preparation and execution on portfolio sale;
- Responsibility for the implementation of respective standards in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders especially the Technology Department;
- Assist Loan Book Accounting in dialogue with various stakeholders, including auditors;
- Support the development of new products and define accounting requirements and specifications to provide accurate and reliable financial statements.
- At least three years experience in financial accounting for a consumer lending organisation, or a Big-4 role covering extensively financial accounting for consumer lending;
- Detailed understanding of the IFRS 9 Standard, related Implementation Guidance, IAS 39, provisioning accounting requirements for retail portfolios and capital models;
- University / postgraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Controlling;
- Ability to work closely with Risk – particularly quantitative Risk modellers;
- Good knowledge and understanding of Corporate/ Treasury Products, including cash and funding instruments, securitization, loans and deposits;
- Experience and familiarity with SPV reporting;
- Experience in specifying business and technical requirements for loan book accounting / IFRS 9 implementation derived from accounting standards; excellent knowledge of MS office package, especially Excel and PowerPoint;
- Fluent in English, German and/or another European language would be a plus;
- Ability to work effectively, both independently/ self-directed and as a member of a team; attention to detail and timeliness in delivering on commitments; skilled in problem solving, decision making, and conflict resolution; good communication skills;
- Desire to work with an international team of professionals who are passionate about their work and projects.
How to apply
We accept applications exclusively through our recruiting platform, found under the ‘Apply Now’ link.