IK Partners (“IK”) is a Pan-European private equity firm focused on investments in the Benelux, DACH, France, Nordics and the UK. Since 1989, IK has raised more than €14 billion of capital and invested in over 150 European companies. IK supports companies with strong underlying potential, partnering with management teams and investors to create robust, well-positioned businesses with excellent long-term prospects. We look for opportunities in our four core sectors: Business Services, Consumer/Food, Engineered Products and Healthcare.
The Off-Cycle Analyst position would be well suited for a recent graduate or someone who would like to broaden their experience in the Private Equity industry. The role is both broad and varied as you support all strategies in the office: Development Capital, Small Cap, Mid Cap and Partnership Fund. You will support our Associates and Analysts whilst reporting to the Partners. We are looking for strong academics, excellent data analysis skills and it is very important that the candidate is both confident and has an eye for detail.
You will work closely with the investment professionals of IK's DACH Deal Teams and will assist with the appraisal of potential investment opportunities (both quantitative and qualitative) in the DACH region. The work of an intern is highly diverse, and candidates will gain investing, financial and operational experience across a wide range of sectors. Tasks include:
- Deal sourcing; sourcing exercises and updating pipeline information
- Analyse potential investment opportunities
- Carry out research and prepare background information
- Business and operational analysis
- Assist with internal presentations
- Assist the team with portfolio reporting and project related work
- Financial modelling and valuation
- Relevant academic focus, e.g. finance/economics and engineering
- Excellent academic track record
- Prior first work experience through relevant internships in private equity/ venture capital, investment banking/ M&A advisory, strategic consulting or comparable internships
- Strong work ethic and a genuine interest in the private equity industry
- Team player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Financially literate and analytical mindset
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to drive work independently and under time pressure
- Fluency in both English and German is imperative
- Dynamic and supportive working environment with on-the-job training provided
- Insight into the workings of a leading European private equity firm
- Opportunity to work with a broad range of colleagues in a diverse and inclusive workplace culture
If you are up for the challenge and want to experience what it is like to be part of a dynamic and highly performance-oriented Private Equity team, please use the apply button.