Recruiter / Team Assistant
IK Investment Partners (“IK”) ranks amongst the leading Pan-European private equity firms built on a heritage of 30+ years, focusing on investments in the Nordics, DACH region, France, Benelux and the UK. Since 1989, IK has raised more than €14 billion in capital and supported more than 145 European companies. IK funds support companies with strong underlying potential, partnering with management teams and investors to create robust, well positioned businesses with excellent long-term prospects. We look for opportunities in our four core sectors: Business Services, Consumer/Food, Engineered Products and Healthcare.
As an intern, you will work closely with the Hamburg investment professionals of our Mid Cap and Small Cap strategy and therefore gain unique insights into a wide range of transaction types and sizes. As part of your job, you will assist them with their day-to-day duties around the assessment of potential investment opportunities (both quantitative and qualitative) in the DACH region. The work of an intern is highly diverse and candidates will gain an unparalled learning experience across a wide range of sectors. We offer internships for a minimum duration of 3 months up to 6 months, preferrably.
- Performing in-depth market and industry research
- Analyse potential investment opportunities
- Perform business and operational analysis
- Financial modelling and valuation analysis (LBO, multiples)
- Participating in the execution of M&A transactions and the execution of financings
- Assist with internal presentation and portfolio reporting
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent academic background from a top-tier university
- Prior work experience mandatory at leading firms through several relevant internships in private equity/venture capital, investment banking/M&A, strategy consulting or comparable
- Strong work ethic and a genuine interest in the private equity industry
- Team player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills and a strong attention to detail, as well as a hands-on mentality
- Ability to drive work independently and under time pressure
- Very good command of MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in both English and German are imperative
If you are up for the challenge and want to experience what it is like to be part of a dynamic and highly performance-oriented Private Equity team, please send your complete application (cover letter, CV and latest grades transcripts, including your availability) to Janine Stuzmann via the apply button.