Vice President, iShares & Wealth Sales for Germany
Description About this role Business Unit Overview
The iShares & Wealth sales team develops and maintains relationships and drives flows with fund investors in Eastern Europe, Germany and Austria (EEGA). The Wealth Coverage team manages the relationships and drives flows with banks across the marketplace, B2C brokers, independent asset managers, wealth platforms and advisors across Discretionary Portfolio Management, Advisory and Execution Only. Key responsibilities
This position is based in Frankfurt am Main focusing on delivering our products (Index/ETF, active funds, Alternatives) as well as solutions (Technology) and Services (Model portfolios, Portfolio construction) to Wealth Management clients, predominantly discretionary portfolio managers and CIO offices of banks, and independent asset managers in Germany. The candidate is working in close partnership with our internal and global partner groups to service our clients and help them build better portfolios. In addition the candidate will develop a clear strategy for his/her client segment to develop and identify new business opportunities.
- Maintain and develop deep relationships with private banks and IAMs with the goal to drive buy list penetration and flows in ETFs, active mutual funds and liquid/illiquid alternatives
- Client support with regards to fund positioning and strategy during due diligence processes as well as after sales communication
- Offer additional services to clients like technology, our capital market views, support when it comes to portfolio construction or help clients within their business model transformation
- Sets a clear strategy for clients, in line with the country strategy and the iShares & Wealth strategy for Germany.
- Development of the established and identifying new opportunities for the business
- Further development of sales and distribution approaches, i.e. creation of product relevant content and (investment ideas for portfolio managers
- Identification and acquisition of new customer target accounts in the region
- Responsibility to ensure that all regulatory and legal requirements and standards are met personally and within the team.
- Proven excellence in a relationship management role, ideally demonstrated by several years of experience
- Thorough knowledge of the local Private Banking, Wealth and Asset management market
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a financial services sales' role in the relevant segments.
- Deep understanding of the sales process, prospecting, objection handling, closing and long-term relationship management.
- Understanding of product set -ETFs, active fund products and liquid alternative solutions and competitive landscape
- At least a Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or an equal professional experience
- Good research and data management skills
- Fluent in German and English
- High-energy, positive "can-do" attitude and ability to work as a team player, accept substantial individual responsibilities
- Displays a strong presence, is comfortable in interacting with clients and colleagues of all levels of seniority
- Promotes collaboration and inclusivity in working with partners across the firm
- Excellent presentation and writing skills in German and English language
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a commitment to excellence, attention to detail, sense of urgency, -especially under pressure- and in preparation for high visibility engagement
- Responsibility to uphold and behave in line with core BlackRock values
- Ability to manage complex, interdepartmental projects in a professional, inclusive, deadline-driven way
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.