Trainee Software-Engineer Market Risk Management (m/f/diverse)
We develop, improve and explain some of the most complex methodologies within Commerzbank Group. We are close to the financial markets in a fast-moving environment. In addition we are constantly involved in bank-wide projects. Working in Group Market Risk Management offers you plenty of opportunities to take responsibility. You can show your potential.
During your 18 month program, you will gain a thorough understanding across our market, liquidity, and counterparty risk functions. In addition, you will work in our agile teams with the aim to further develop our internal platform. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to gain insight into selected other bank functions. These are our trading platforms or our core IT functions like Cloud technologies or API Banking.
Depending on your background, you will be working on real software engineering user stories. These range from developing our large volume data bases, in memory BI solutions, cloud applications and web frontends. During your rotation, you can cycle through different departments. You decide this together with your team leader based on your skills and interests.
Being part of our selected Graduate Class of 2020, you will build your own network within Market Risk, our IT foundations and other bank functions beginning on day one. Your team head and an additional manager-level sponsor will guide you through the whole program.
In a nutshell, joining us will enable you to gain a deep understanding of our risk businesses. In addition, there are the financial markets and modern software development. It will also give you enough flexibility to learn more about other Commerzbank functions outside of Group Market Risk Management. Profile
- You have shown your strong analytical, methodological skills during your studies of Computer Science, Economic Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related Studies
- First experience with software development projects combined with a good view on agile Software Engineering trends
- Good knowledge of at least one of the current programming languages (e.g. Java, Python) and solid database know how with hands on SQL experience
- Experience in applying statistics, data science or machine learning methods is desirable
- Interest in investment banking products (e.g. equities, commodities, interest rates derivatives)
- Strong communication skills and team spirit
- Previous experiences with agile working principles and software craftmanship is useful
- Fluent English is mandatory, German at least on B1 level
- Company pension plan
- Capital-forming benefits
- Employee conditions
- Flexible work
- Health and fitness services
- Personnel development
- Work internationally
- from 53,300 €/year
- 30 days holiday
Commerzbank is, with its approximately 49.000 employees, a leading international commercial bank with branches and offices in almost 50 countries. With the two business segments Private and Small-Business Customers, as well as Corporate Clients, the Bank offers a comprehensive portfolio of financial services to its clients. We offer a diverse, inspiring work environment and excellent career opportunities within a first class team. Work life balance has high priority for us and of course we know the importance of an attractive salary for a good job. Contact
Are you ready to start not later than 1st September 2020 in a strong team? We're looking forward to your online-application We're happy to answer your questions! Please refer to Georg Ickstadt, Chapter Lead in Group Market Risk Cluster Valuation, Market-&Liquidity Risk, +49 69 136 81852 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Erster Arbeitstag