- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Maintains an understanding of the financial, operational, and technology processes, risks and controls related to Moody's business, specifically for the area under review.
- Develops relationship with audit stakeholders and aligns audit projects based on stakeholders objective of the area under review.
- Demonstrates an ability to identify key risks and proactively identifies leading practices for the audit area.
- Prepares and communicates audit plan, develops audit engagement budget and timelines, supervises and/or executes audit field work with minimum to moderate supervision.
- Proactively manages or assists in managing audit lifecycle (e.g. scheduling midpoint meeting, internal status meetings, related agendas).
- Develop test steps for the area under review commensurate with the nature of risk and risk levels.
- Perform audit projects in accordance with departmental and Institute of Internal Auditors standards.
- Communicates roles and expectations for project team at the start of the project and enforces accountability of project deliverables, hours, cost, and cycle time.
- Assists in monitoring team's performances and workload. Proactively develops appropriate initial resolutions to audit obstacles to be discussed with project sponsor.
- Demonstrates ability to outline the facts around potential issues, prepare draft audit report and discuss internally and with stakeholders.
- Assists in developing the 'why do we care' for audit issues and collaborates with stakeholders and project team to develop meaningful recommendations for the audit projects.
- Assists in developing other IA deliverables i.e. local/regional regulators requests, board materials.
- Applies process analysis, business intelligence, and problem solving techniques when planning an audit, performing walkthroughs, and identifying effective test steps.
- Maintains curiosity and exercises professional skepticism.
- Upholds and promotes professional ethics.
- Continuously expands knowledge of data analytics and use of technology to enhance audit testing, identify opportunities for continuous monitoring and repeatable test plans.
- Capable of performing intermediate level data analytics functions within Excel or equivalent applications (e.g. Access, Tableau, ACL), and leverages, contributes, and improves the data analytics library.
- Identifies efficiencies and opportunities for enhancing internal audit delivery.
- Assists with updating the internal audit standards and templates.
- Provides constructive and timely feedback and assists in identifying development opportunities for individual team members.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Pursuing CPA or equivalent professional qualification preferred.
- 3-6 years of experience in a Big 4 Accounting firm and/or a global organization.
- Knowledge of internal controls, internal controls framework and risk standards (e.g. COSO, ISO, NIST etc.), Sarbanes Oxley Act, GAAP and financial systems and related technology.
- Awareness of regulations pertaining to financial services industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.