- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Analyst (VPSA) - CFG (Leverage Finance / High Yield Focus)
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyThe Role / Responsibilities:
We have an opportunitie for a Senior Analyst to manage a portfolio of high profile non-financial speculative grade companies based in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
This is a challenging high profile role to be responsible for providing insightful credit analysis, ensuring ratings accuracy and responding to investor inquiries. This opportunity involves developing an in-depth knowledge of the assigned companies and sectors and writing thought-leading research. As part of the rating process you will manage effective interaction with investors and issuers alike.
You will also be expected to participate in conferences and play a pivotal role in raising the profile of the team.
- Perform and present at committees in-depth fundamental credit analysis effectively and comprehensively on a regular basis on issuers in a portfolio of corporate entities
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the assigned sector and take thought leadership initiatives to enhance our analytics and high quality research impact
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with Senior Management at some of the world's largest institutions
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends, including annual credit reports, periodic credit opinion reports, special comments and short articles on current topics
- Develop Moody's franchise through intermediary marketing and visibility initiatives (e.g. investor one on one discussions, conference participation)
- Coach and develop support associates
- Adhere to applicable codes of conduct, policies, procedures, regulations and best practices
Few opportunities arise that provide the combination of flexibility, responsibility and discretion in running your own portfolio, with the level of access to senior management in issuers and investors that you find as an Analyst at Moody's.
Operating across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, you will have immediate exposure, visibility and impact, whilst working on real cases where the application of your skills and expertise have an impact in financial markets.
Analysts at Moody's develop in-depth sector and company knowledge and are directly responsible for developing and raising the profile of the team externally through thought-leading research, participation in conferences and boardroom interaction with issuers and investors.
Moody's flat hierarchy ensures that Analyst's roles are broad and deep. When you combine that breadth and scope with the collegiate atmosphere, international environment with the high quality of talent in the business, it is a truly rewarding working experience that will stretch your abilities and challenge your talents.
As a global company, Moody's provides an excellent personal and career development platform to grow your career and develop your analytical expertise across geographies, businesses and sectors. As an organisation that values experience, there is a vast resource of knowledge within the business that can support your learning objectives, in parallel to the structured learning and development process.
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience including strong financial analysis experience, cash flow analysis and cash flow based lending techniques gained from a financial institution or audit firm
- Strong knowledge and experience within leverage finance and high yield debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets/the main players and key industry drivers
- Relevant experience within leveraged finance credit research and documentation and restructuring at the coal face
- Understanding of complex leveraged transaction structures, with a good grasp of documentation, accounting and financial modelling.
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing with some public speaking experience
- Strong understanding of loan/bond and other associated documentation, and experience of reviewing such
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc in relevant areas
- CIMA /ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in German or French would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel across the EMEA region
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.