- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Feb 18
Senior Accountant (Germany) - Fixed Term Contract
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany• Executes, with limited assistance, the daily procedures for their accounting areas or entities, including communications with the different lines of business, reviewing daily transactions, identifying accounting changes, coordinating with other accounting teams, JVs and affiliates, or outsourced accounting firms, and ensuring timeliness of deliverables;
• Liaises with various departments to obtain accounting transaction support;
• Analytically reviews accounting transaction support for issues;
• Performs detailed transaction analyses to calculate journal entry amounts;
• Prepare month-end journals for the German business units based on US & local GAAP (HGB) and obtain approvals via Sharepoint. Manage the preparation of month-end journals which were assigned to the MSS India GL team to ensure that all journals are posted in time for month-end closing. Provide pre-level 1 reviews for those journals in Sharepoint;
• Ensures accounting transactions are recorded to the proper chart of accounts (i.e. legal entities, accounts, departments, currencies, etc.);
• Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations and identifies and resolves reconciling items;. reviews monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the MSS India team; ensure that all monthly balance sheet reconciliations are approved by the appropriate levels;
• Prepares monthly account variance analyses (FLUX reports) with high quality comments;.
• Gathers supporting documentation for internal and external audits;
• Prepares additional account analysis for Internal Audits, External Audits, and ad-hoc requests;.
• Prepares reports for external statutory and regulatory reporting; involvement in other activities arising from the annual audits;
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications;
• Understands US & local GAAP (HGB), internal control policies and Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures; proper execution of SOX controls in their area of responsibility in order to support clean opinions from auditors on internal controls over financial reporting;
• Prepare monthly accruals for recurring expense items and for non-posted supplier invoices where approval is pending;
• Control the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of AP entries. Collaborate with the AP hub team to reduce issues and overdue payments to vendors. Ensure invoices are forwarded timely to the hub. Tackle any issue arising from vendors and liaise with the hub to obtain emergency payments when required. Agree with the hub to process timely postings of direct debit entries and related payments;
• Preparation of the monthly VAT returns for MIS Germany including all surrounding tasks such as obtaining tax review/approval and timely and complete AP entries;
• Coordination of the tax approvals for the quarterly trade- and corporation tax prepayments and timely and complete AP entries;
• Additional duties/projects as assigned by your manager.
• Must have a bachelor's degree;
• Relevant accounting experience (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major accounting firm);
• ACA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent part qualified/qualified is preferable;
• Additional relevant language preferable (German and English);
• Sound knowledge of local reporting requirements.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills;
• Knowledge of a major financial system (preferably Peoplesoft);
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.