Sales Representative (German Speaker)
Job Description Moody's Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients' growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology helps today's business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace. We are recognized for our industry-leading solutions, comprising research, data, software and professional services, assembled to deliver a seamless customer experience. Thousands of organizations worldwide have made us their trusted partner because of our uncompromising commitment to quality, client service, and integrity.
Our Mission: Empowering our customers to make better, faster decisions.
Our Vision: To be the global leader in solving critical business problems.
Our Values: Customer focus, excellence, open mindset, and teamwork.
In this role you are responsible to drive the entire sales process for our Research, Data and Risk models solutions. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing clients with specific strategic guidance and product overviews. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team who are looking to grow their potential and contribute to our mission. Responsibilities:
- Lead the full lifecycle sales process which includes identifying and initiating new sales opportunities by prospecting new clients, building on existing client relationships, giving sales presentations and contract negotiations.
- Ensure complete client coverage by calling upon specialists and other client facing professionals where appropriate.
- Market credit risk products to the Commercial Banking & Capital Markets sector
- Generate new revenue from research and credit products, and defend & grow existing revenue streams.
- Build and execute on sales strategies to meet or exceed annual sales goals and targets that align with the company's vision and objectives.
- Represent company at industry and company sponsored events, as required.
- Lead the development of business within assigned territories. Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs.
- Work closely and collaborate with Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvement in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients by identifying gaps and recommending solutions leveraging market and technical knowledge.
- Provide insightful and client-specific customer service and product overviews.
- Assess the needs of the client by gaining an understanding of the specific issues facing the client based on their business requirements.
- Identify additional products and services that clients may benefit from and introduce them appropriately into dialogue with clients.
- Act as the market expert and provide product/service use cases during the sales cycle.
- Serve as the main liaison between the client service team, the client and the implementation services organisation on each services opportunity.
- Coordinate Moody's Analytics responses to requests for product and services information from prospects and clients.
- Serve as functional and market expert to resolve client issues through the use of interpersonal skills. Assist in the preparation and circulation of market insight to create awareness of Moody's expertise internally and externally.
- Assist in the training of new team members.
- Provide current forecasts and pipeline information to management.
- Position requires travel which is largely self-managed and planned in advance (approximately 20% to 40% of your time).
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required, with coursework in business, economics, finance, marketing or related fields.
- Experience working in direct business-to-business sales roles with a focus on serving financial services and/or corporate treasury customers.
- Solid understanding of different parts of the global financial services industry, including market dynamics and customers' business drivers.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex sales cycles to successful conclusion through use of consultative selling techniques
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with senior executives both internally and externally.
- Fluent in English and German is essential.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.