Risk Control Specialist (f/m)
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Risk Control Specialist (f/m)
Are you a professional on qualitative and quantitative risk models?
ICAAP, Risk Appetite Framework, Risk Governance, Stress Testing are the items you're working in a daily business? Are you updated on regulatory requirements, follow financial markets and business trends? Do you like to review the underlying assumptions for conceptual soundness, calibration and implementation to assess limitations of risk model(s)?
We are looking also for these skills:
• Be a key contact person and subject matter expert from a risk control standpoint for the Supervisory Review and Evaluation Process (SREP) performed by the regulator
• ¬Communicate the outcome of the risk control activities to senior management, risk committees, auditors and regulators
• Provide independent assessment and reporting of the bank's risk status across risk categories (consolidated risk reporting incl. Executive Summaries)
• Perform independent testing of the bank's risk taking activities and consideration in the risk profile and ICAAP
You will be working in the Risk Control team in Germany – Frankfurt (Other Branches UBS Europe SE or Switzerland also possible). As a member of the Risk Control team you will be primarily responsible for supporting the development of the bank's Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and related validation of the bank's methodology and modeling in use for the Risk Concepts (incl. Risk Appetite Framework and subsequent documents). In addition we are responsible for the independent assessment and reporting process across risk categories. You will interact and work in close collaboration with departments and functions across UBS Europe SE and UBS AG: Treasury Risk Control, Market Risk Control, UBS AG Group Risk Control functions, Treasury/ALM, Finance functions and BR&RM. You should be willing to work independently and be able to concurrently manage multiple time-sensitive deliverables.
Your experience and skills
• At least 3-5 year of working experience in risk control
• Masters degree in a finance-related area such as Finance, Financial Engineering, Math/Statistics or a quantitative discipline
• Knowledge across risk categories including related risk models and measures
• Experience in model development and validation processes and understanding of statistical concepts
• Specific experience in the following areas would be preferred: ICAAP, Risk Appetite, SREP
• Strong quantitative and qualitative skills, ability to synchronize large amounts of data
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface with people at varied skill and seniority levels
• Strong analytic capabilities, including ability to summarize complex business problems and detailed analysis with clarity
• Highly proficient in written and verbal communication. Proficiency drafting complex risk concepts and reporting is preferred.
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to communicate complex or technical information to those with less expertise in a manner they can understand and action on the information
• Quantitatively talented individual
• Collaborative and team oriented but able to work independently
• Detail and deadline oriented
• Fluent in English and German
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Kompetente Beratung. Vermögensverwaltung. Investment Banking. Asset Management. Privatkundengeschäft in der Schweiz. Und alles, was man dazu braucht. Das machen wir. Für Privat-, Firmen- und institutionelle Kunden weltweit.
Wir sind rund 60 000 Mitarbeiter - in allen wichtigen Finanzzentren, in mehr als 50 Ländern. Wollen Sie dazugehören?